Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wellington, KS 67152
The Dental Assistant is responsible for assisting the dentist and dental hygienist in the direct provision of primary care dental services to patients of the health center. The Dental Assistant is also responsible for sterilization, preparation and inventory control of dental instruments and supplies.
- Assists patients in resolving minor difficulties, answering their questions and giving directions to patients as authorized by the dentist
- Serves as dentist’s chair-side assistant
- Prepares operatory for patient treatment
- Exposes and develops dental radiographs and performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by the dentist in accordance with state regulations and law
- Maintains dental department equipment and work areas in compliance with health center policies and procedures relative to infection control and safety issues, including the sterilization of all reusable dental instruments and equipment and the proper disposal of all contaminated or potentially contaminated materials
- Maintains adequate operatory supplies and compiles a list for inventory control and ordering purposes
- Pulls and files patient charts as required and receives and places necessary telephone calls consistent with professional matter, clinic business and patient care
- Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of the center as appropriate and as time permits
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organization and programmatic goals and objectives
- Comprehensive knowledge of dental assisting techniques and procedures for all phases of general dentistry
- Must be cognizant of the expectations and concerns of the health center’s dental patients and be able to respond in an empathetic and professional manner
- Skill in providing excellent customer service and support; organizing and prioritizing workload and meeting deadlines; and excellent written and verbal communication.
- Ability to work effectively with managers, co-workers, members of the public and professional groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively, clearly, concisely with others (internal and external customers, both verbally and in writing), consistently demonstrate positive/proactive customer service attitude. Consistently maintains ethical behaviors exemplary of quality public service and fair standards, inclusively, among all employees and members of the public.
- Ability to work as an effective team member; function independently, exercise sound judgment and initiative; be flexible to shift priorities; maintain confidentiality; establish and maintain effective interpersonal work relationships, effectively assist providers; work toward goals and objectives of draft priorities.
- Ability to follow Clinic practice guidelines
- Ability to receive constructive feedback including evaluation of provider’s productivity and practice attributes.
- May be asked to perform other duties, including but not limited to participation on clinical committees, providing education, Quality Review and/or other activities.
- Ability to understand that safety is a condition of employment.
- Must be computer literate with ability to enter information in the system and compile reports or data as requested.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED certificate
- Completion of accredited course in dental assisting preferred (Qualified Dental Assistant)
License and / or Certification:
- Valid Kansas Driver’s License
Regular Hours of Work: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
Benefits Eligible: Yes