Route Service Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67219
Our mission is to be a trusted workplace for team members to be their whole selves at work. A company that people love and positively impacts the lives of all whom we touch.
be your best self
At Interstate Batteries, you have the chance to be excellent at work and excellent at life. We know that professional success depends on personal well-being. That’s why we want to enrich your life with the tools and services you need to succeed in every area of your life. Join us!
Purpose of Job:
To deliver batteries and provide exceptional customer service to a predetermined route of customers and dealers within your territory.
- Deliver batteries and provide service to each dealer on your route in a timely manner.
- Follow all Environmental Health and Safety rules and policies
- Establish, build and maintain good dealer relationships.
- Complete documentation on a timely basis.
- Maintain the route by keeping displays clean and keeping dealer list up to date
- Invoice all units that fail to last warranty period
- Rotate batteries to maintain quality product and service standards
- Collect and handle payments on account, which may include cash, checks and credit cards
- Collect and return junk and/or used batteries.
- Load and unload truck
- Must possess current DOT Medical Certification and maintain clean driving record.
- Class B Commercial Drivers License will be required.
- Prior driving and customer service experience highly desirable
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer service skills.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Ability to read, write and compute basic math.
- Uses frequent independent judgment when making decisions
- Regularly required to use hands to grasp or handle, talk and hear, stand and walk.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move 50+ lbs. without assistance
- Exposed to battery warehouse conditions such as exposure to moving equipment mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals.