DIR OF PATIENT TRANSPORT & LAUNDRY LINEN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
KANSAS CITY, KS 66102
The University of Kansas Health System is the leading healthcare provider in the region distributing over 4 million pounds of laundry a year and doing an average of 800 patient transports a day.
The Director of Patient Transport and Laundry Linen directs the operations, planning and supervision of patient transportation, laundry and linen operations, and the support operations call center. You will be responsible for maintaining a high standard of quality and efficient patient care and fostering the growth and development of staff. About 90% of your day will be people management. You will serve as the official representative of the departments and patient relations to ensure efficient and coordinated inpatient flow throughout the Hospital. One of the most important skills you bring to our company is the ability to resolve escalated issues at first notice. You will be challenged as a leader to respond appropriately with solutions ranging from dispatch to settlements, and anything that relates to the well-being and productivity of patients and staff.
An ideal candidate will have knowledge of the healthcare environment and be an excellent communicator both verbally and written. Must have strong data analytical skills and can juggle multiple priorities with competing deadlines.
1) Must be able to perform the professional, clinical and or technical competencies of the assigned unit or department.
2) Evaluates, directs and manages the function and structure of patient transport, laundry and linen, and the support operations call center, ensuring that all client expectations and regulatory standards are being appropriately monitored and adhered to. All departments operate 24/7.
3) Develops and oversees appropriate goals and action plans that will meet and/or exceed established client expectations.
4) Evaluates, develops, and ensures the provision of ongoing training and development for all department staff, consistent with operational and strategic needs.
5) Provides primary direction and leadership for all customer service initiatives, including the appropriate recruitment, selection, and development of staff.
6) Develops customer service evaluation mechanisms to ensure that ongoing information is retrieved and evaluated for improvement purposes.
7) Complies with regulatory agencies, including federal, state and JCAHO as evidenced by successful completion of surveys with no deficiencies.
8) Follows facility and department Infection Control policies and procedures.
9) Adheres to facility confidentiality, HIPAA and patient rights policies.
10) Completes and posts work schedules for management and supervisory personnel to ensure adequate coverage for all department functions.
11) Develops annual department budget, including all related costs and expenses, to ensure proper financial performance and efficient use of resources, including labor and all related expenses.
12) Completes all daily, weekly or monthly reports as outlined in the corporate policies and procedures on a timely basis meeting all prescribed deadlines.
+ Bachelor’s Degree
+ Experience in patient transport, laundry distribution (processing of laundry is outsourced) or logistics including leadership experience is preferred.
+ Read and write English
+ Speak and understand English
+ Strong verbal and written communication skills
Requisition ID: 2020-24739
Display Department Title: Central Transport
External Company URL: https://careers-kansashealthsystem.icims.com
Street: 4000 Cambridge Street