Assistant Clinical Professor (999388)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67260
Posting Number: 20-00119-UP/FA Post
Position Title:Assistant Clinical Professor**
Position Number: 999388
Summary of Responsibilities
An Assistant Clinical Professor is a member of the core PA faculty with a variety of responsibilities related to teaching, service, and student advising. In performing these duties, the faculty member is expected to develop, coordinate, and implement classroom and small group/laboratory instruction; maintain a high level of expertise in content areas taught; engage in curricular assessment and improvement activities; provide academic and professional student mentorship; and assist with scholarly/research activities in areas of interest/expertise as appropriate. Faculty also participate in college, university, and community initiatives. Faculty are encouraged (but not required) to maintain a clinical practice as time and responsibilities permit.
- Graduate of an accredited PA program
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
Minimum of five years of clinical practice experience
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity
- Demonstrated interest in working in a collaborative/interdisciplinary team environment
- Demonstrated interests in evidence-based practice
- Required Licenses, Certificates & Registrations
All employees of Wichita State University are expected to support the WSU Vision, Mission and Values and foster an environment of diversity in culture, thought and experience.
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs or activities on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran.
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a satisfactory criminal background check as required by Board of Regents policy.
Location: Wichita, KS – WSU Old Town
Proposed Salary or Hourly Rate: Commensurate with experience
Eligible for Shift Differential: No
Doctoral degree from a regionally accredited institution
Academic or clinically related teaching experience at the college/university level
Regular Hours of Work: 20 hr/week M-F, specific days/time are flexible per Program needs; occasional evenings and weekends
Typical of a normal office and classroom environment
Responsibility / Duty
- Teach, co-teach, and provide guest lectures as assigned by the Program Director to meet Program needs
- Develop, coordinate, and implement classroom, online, small group, clinical skills, and simulation instruction and assessment
- Engage in development of new and creative instructional materials, teaching methodologies, and types of assessment activities
- Maintain a high level of expertise in content areas taught and teaching modalities
- Engage in curricular planning, assessment, and improvement activities
- Develop remediation plans for students exhibiting chronic low performance
- Provide academic and professional development counseling and advising to students
- Model in teaching and scholarship, the concepts of life-long learning and evidence-based practice
- Assist in research/scholarship in areas of interest and expertise appropriate to Program needs
- Assist in mentoring students in development and completion of Master of Physician Assistant research projects
- Engage in internal service to the Department, College, and University
- Engage in accreditation and other required approval processes
- Engage in external service to the community and profession
- Represent the Program at external and internal events as needed
This is not a completed description. For full job description, see https://jobs.wichita.edu/postings/18413.