Swine Technician - Osborne
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Osborne, KS 67473
Professional Swine Management is now hiring for
Breeding Technician -Salina, Ks. and Osborne, Ks.
The Breeding Technician will assist the Breeding Manager and other team members in safely carrying out daily responsibilities in the breeding department while adhering to the Company Standard Operating Procedures for maximum productivity, efficiency and profitability.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Complies with the practices and principals of biosecurity to safeguard the life and health of the swine herd
• Performs routine tasks assigned by the Department Manager
• Complies with company Standard Operating Procedures (SOPS) to complete all daily tasks effectively and efficiently
• Ensures and follows the highest level of a safe work environment and work practices
• Routinely cares for the welfare of the animals on a daily basis, including feeding, watering, providing health and vaccination treatment, detecting heat, conducting artificial insemination procedures, moving pigs, and power washing following company SOPs
• Works with team members to ensure cleanliness and sanitation in the work area
• Performs all other duties as assigned by the Farm Manager
• Desire to work with pigs, willingness to learn and understand animal behavior, tolerate and willingness to perform animal husbandry tasks on a routine basis
• Must be available to work 11 of 14 days in a pay cycle, including some weekends and holidays
• Must have a solid work history and have ability to provide solid work references
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
• Ability to stand, walk, kneel, squat and be on feet for up to 10 hours per day
• Frequent bending, reaching, pulling, lifting – occasionally lifting and pulling up to 100 lbs with assistance of another team member
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Ability to work in noise levels that may require hearing protection in some areas
• Ability to display a high level of respect to team members and animals
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to follow directions
• Ability to work in fast moving environment