Blow Mold Processing Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Winfield, KS 67156
Western Industries Plastic Products LLC is seeking an EXPERIENCED, Blow Mold Processing Engineer to Join our Growing Team! This will be a Full-time position with Full Benefits. We offer Competitive Compensation and Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision packages.
This position is responsible for designing and implementing manufacturing processes, over-seeing process conditions, troubleshoot, make modifications of blow molding equipment and machinery to improve procedures related to production, in an effort to increase productivity, efficiency and quality. This person will provide process engineering expertise and leadership throughout the production process.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Job scope includes:
· Provides process engineering expertise and leadership in the following areas:
o Identifies improvements to the manufacturing process and provides appropriate plans for such improvements.
o Identifies opportunities in environmental, electrical, mechanical, production, safety, tooling and quality control areas and provides appropriate solutions for the same.
o Determines alternative solutions and presents to Director of Operations.
o Prepares drawings and identification of special equipment and vendors of equipment.
o Participates in equipment selection for projects. Works with vendors of assigned new equipment for said projects.
o Supervises installation of assigned projects.
o Designs and develops tools. Prepares and/or supervises preparation of tool drawings. Investigates and corrects tool failures.
o Coordinates needed spare parts with plant leadership.
o Designs and runs experiments and tests to aid in the development of improved manufacturing procedures and processes.
· Coordinates activities of outside contractors as required.
· Participates in product design changes.
· Participates with value stream mapping, initiating and leading Kaizen events, Design of Experiments, and capacity utilization studies.
· Ensures production jobs are running to appropriate cycle specifications for maximum yields.
· Analyzes molding defects to determine root cause and initiates material, machine, process, or tooling remedies
· Recommends tooling and/or machine improvement for mold repairs, processes, yields, scrap, waste, etc.
· Effectively communicates with the shift personnel in regard to part quality, equipment, special instructions, corrective action and productivity.
· Communicates with other process technicians, shift supervisors and all technical employees on technical issues.
· Provides technical assistance in maintaining expected levels of productivity in order to fulfill quality and scheduling requirements.
· Checks tooling, machines and auxiliary equipment to identify issues and provides work orders to appropriate support departments.
· Maintains quality standards to customer specification of all parts.
· Must have good written and verbal communication skills to report machine repair status and updates.
· Complies with government regulations in adherence of EPA, MSDS, Lock/Out-Tag/Out and all other applicable safety standards
· Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
· Performs other duties as required.
· Comprehensive knowledge of administrative and management functions such as planning, organizing, coordinating, directing and controlling, electrical & mechanical equipment, process flow techniques, and state and federal health, environmental and safety rules and regulations.
· Knowledge of computerized systems.
· Understanding of electrical and mechanical workings of a variety of production machinery
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities; however will assign all management associate compliance and will serve as a coach and mentor for those in the production, maintenance and processing departments.
Exposure to noise, vibration and a fast work environment is constant. Seasonal weather variations may result in frequent exposure to hot or cold working conditions. Seasonal production peaks may result in high stress levels due to the demand for high levels of consistently accurate and timely performance in a congested working area. Process Technician must communicate and have the ability to develop a teamwork relationship with all associates from all departments.
Physical exertion such as pushing, pulling, twisting and or heavy lifting of over 50 pounds is frequent.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Required Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline – preferred
· At least 5 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
· Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma (Green Belt or Black Belt) are a plus
· Proficient in AutoCAD
· Supervisory experience
· Project Management experience
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
Western Industries Plastic Products, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.