Senior UX Designer - Financial Accounting
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Responsible for creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving hardware and software application development.
As a member of the User Experience team, you will develop and apply software design/usability processes in the investigation of technical problems. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provide product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations. May produce specifications describing user needs and internal structures for product in development.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically seven years of software engineering or related experience needed.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
*Role: *Sr. UX Designer – Financial Accounting
*Location: *Austin, TX, or Kitchener, ON, preferred; telecommuting / remote within US or Canada also OK.
At Oracle NetSuite, we care! We care about the evolution of people and business and making life a bit easier. We focus on encouraging productivity, accomplishments and job success through powerful cloud technology. We listen to the needs of our customers and users, we are passionate about fulfilling our mission to enable companies to realize their vision on the very best technology. We are looking for experts to join our NetSuite family to accelerate the evolution of our technology. By putting together a dynamic and passionate team of designers, writers, researchers, developers, and product managers we will be able to delight our customers by designing and executing next generation solutions that focus on insight, control, automation and agility.
The scope of our opportunity is endless!
Yes. We re absolutely serious.
And we can t do it without your help.
We need thoughtful, talented, fearless and multi-faceted designers who love empowering users with extraordinary user experiences.
What We’re Looking For
We re looking for a talented Senior UX Designer with financial accounting industry expertise to join our Experience Design Team remotely from North America. Working collaboratively with designers, writers, engineers and product managers, you will build solutions to challenging financial problems for customers around the world. Relying on your innate set of user-centered design principles, you will use your expertise in the financial accounting industry to work with teammates to produce sketches, wireframes and prototypes.
You will be able to balance design best practices, the latest UX strategies (such as lean UX) and business goals. You will translate business strategies into design opportunities and be responsible for delivering solutions based on insights from market and user research. You’ll present opportunities and solutions to teammates and stakeholders. While the team has dedicated user researchers, there likely will be a need to help out with research as this is the foundation to all that we do.
As a relationship builder, you like working with designers of all levels and capabilities, incorporating ideas and inspiration from multiple sources. Additionally, as a senior level designer, you help define and develop design culture through critique, presentations, and workshops.
You love rules and you know when to break them. You think systemically because you know that creating a coherent experience requires it. But you know when the system needs to expand to remain agile. You know when to do something completely unique and when to trust your past experiences.
You don t already know everything, and you love to learn. You re inspired by helping users solve their problems in unique ways. You understand the why – or ask why not.
What You’ll Do
- Hands-on creative problem solving in a cloud-driven financial software system.
- Work closely with a multi-disciplined UX team of designers, user researchers, engineers, and product managers in a fast-paced, dynamic, agile environment.
- Produce design deliverables since as sketches and wireframes that communicate design solutions and facilitate discussion.
- Be an ambassador for experience consistency.
- Present design alternatives and effectively communicate rationale and trade-offs.
- Create non-formulaic solutions and different approaches to varied challenges.
- Keep communication flowing by bringing feedback from customers to the team and taking team questions back to customers.
- When needed, conduct user research or usability testing.
- Degree in Product/Industrial Design, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Minimum 5 years working in the field of UX/UI design, OR 2-3 years’ experience with an advanced HCI/Design degree. Experience with big data software a huge plus. We need a self-starter who can take a bit of directional input and then take off.* *
- Online portfolio demonstrating experience producing sketches, wireframes, mock-ups, prototypes, task-flows or relevant design artifacts.
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for financials accounting including industry trends with demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work.
- Knowledge of user interaction best practices.
- Training (or preferably certification) in accounting.
- Demonstrated expert level knowledge with financial tools.
- Working knowledge of design-thinking.
- Comfort in conducting and reporting on user research.
- Expertise in tools like Figma, Sketch, and InVision.
- A positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement.
- An analytical and strategic mindset; we favor that over pixel-perfect visual skills.* *
- Excellent communication skills; office and company language is English.
- Flexibility to work with geographically distributed teams.
- Awareness of accessibility best practices.
- Experience working in Agile Development methodology a plus.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects of varying timelines, degrees of complexity and scope.
One word Transformation.
At NetSuite, we believe the cloud is here to stay and so do our 20,000 customers.
We believe businesses should not be bogged down by the overhead of bulky data centers and expensive personnel to run it all. Businesses need to be lean, efficient and agile. NetSuite is literally transforming business around the globe by providing a cloud-based, unified system that delivers unprecedented capabilities to drive business forward. Founded in 1998 as THE cloud ERP pioneer, today NetSuite has transformed the business operations of our customers without the high costs and inefficiency of on premise systems.
*Transform your career at NetSuite
At NetSuite we work hard and we work smart. We hire fierce com