Sr Airframe Design Engineer-(Ft. Worth or Wichita)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Sr Airframe Design Engineer\-\(Ft\. Worth or Wichita\)
We are pioneers\. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack\. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market\. Today, we are defining the future of on\-demand mobility\. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences\.
Bell is seeking a self\-motivated Sr Airframe Design Engineer to join Bell’s V\-280 Valor Team and support the development of this new product\. The Sr Airframe Design Engineer is responsible for design activities related to the preparation and release of engineering data related to the development of this aircraft\. This position must maintain compliance to the Airframe Design Manual, Best Practices, Customer and Regulatory Specifications, Bell procedures, Program Directives, and annual CRC requirements\. This position is based at Bell’s Ft\. Worth, TX headquarters facility\.
- Create airframe structural designs based on trade studies, research and analysis\.
- Coordinate with other engineering, manufacturing or specialty personnel to resolve problems\.
- Specific tasks include responding to data/action requests from procurement, manufacturing, tooling, etc\.
- Execute Tasks to Cost and Schedule Requirements
- Support supplier / teammate design activity
- Support test activity, including test plan development, execution and reports
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering is required\.
- Major in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering is preferred
- At 8 years aerospace structural design or related experience is required
- Proficiency with aerospace design requirements verification is required
- Proficiency in CATIA V5 is required, V6 is preferred
- Proficiency with GD&T and general part sizing is required
- PC proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook is required
- Must have the ability to communicate efficiently and effectively to coordinate design activities and report status to program management
- Must be able to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, internal and external suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams to complete design tasks\.
- Familiarity with Planning, Manufacturing, Procurement and Maintenance processes is preferred
- Experience with ENOVIA preferred
Don’t miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging\. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight\.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc\.
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 283376