Mechanical Actuation Systems Engineer-(Ft. Worth or Wichita)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Mechanical Actuation Systems Engineer\-\(Ft\. Worth or Wichita\)
We are pioneers\. We were the first to break the sound barrier and design the first functional jetpack\. We were aboard NASA’s first lunar mission and brought advanced tiltrotor systems to market\. Today, we are defining the future of on\-demand mobility\. At Bell, we are proud to be an iconic company with superb talent, rapidly creating novel and coveted vertical lift experiences\.
The Bell V\-280 Program requires a Mechanical Actuation Systems Engineer to support the development, design, and testing of a clean sheet aircraft designed to provide the next generation capabilities to the US Army\. This position is located at Bell’s Ft\. Worth headquarters facility\.
- Design and analysis of the vehicles mechanical flight controls and utility actuation design throughout the product design lifecycle including trade studies, conceptual design, preliminary design, detail design, engineering release, technical reviews, procurement/manufacturing, assembly and ground/flight testing\.
- Primary Responsibilities include for design, analysis and specifications for,
o Mechanical flight control layout/preliminary design
o Kinematics modeling
o Motion envelopment modeling
o Clearance and lost motion analysis
o Installation Assembles and Part Detail Design
o Support integration to air vehicle
- Directing design and integration activities, coordinating suppliers’ deliverables and schedules, and reporting status\.
- Preparing and presenting technical performance, cost, and schedule material for major design and requirements reviews to program management and engineering technical community
- Development and coordination of system qualification and functional test plans and execution\.
- Determining appropriate corrective action concerning system performance and reliability arise from SIL testing, production quality issues, ground/flight testing, and customer feedback\.
- Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering is required\.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics will be considered\.
- Master’s Degree in the Engineering disciplines mentioned above is preferred\.
- Experience in air vehicle, integration, fabrication, assembly, test, certification / qualification and supplier management preferred\.
- Demonstrated experience in mechanism/actuation system design such as,
o Rotorcraft mechanical flight controls and crew station layout\.
o Landing Gear actuation
o Flap/Slate Actuation system Design
o Utility/Weapons bay door actuation
- Demonstrated experience managing aircraft suppliers during development phase of aircraft program is required\.
- Must be a proven self\-starter requiring minimal supervision, with excellent foresight and problem\-solving skills\.
- Must be able to build and maintain effective relationships with customers, internal and external suppliers, as well as horizontal integrations across the other teams to complete design, analysis, and program tasks\.
- Must have strong analytical and problem\-solving skills, including root cause determination and corrective action, and have the ability to work effectively within a team\.
- Familiarity with commercial and military qualification and certification of aircraft systems\.
- Desired Experience with Primary Development/Analysis Environments:
o Enovia PLM
o Catia V6
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills \(both verbal and written\) are required\.
Don’t miss the chance to join a diverse, inclusive environment where you feel a sense of belonging\. As a member of our global workforce, you will collaborate with dedicated, enthusiastic teams where unique experiences, backgrounds and ideas combined with a strong passion for our products take us above and beyond flight\.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Bell Textron Inc\.
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 283094