Dairy Plant Worker
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
DAIRY PLANT WORKER
The Dairy Plant Worker shall be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Performs any combination of the following tasks in dairy:
• Scrubs pipe fittings and machines with chemical solution, using brush
• Dismantles and reassembles machine
• Attaches pipes and fittings to machines, using wrenches
• Opens containers and bags and dumps various ingredients into machine hoppers
• Starts and stops machines and equipment
• Loads cartons into machines
• Does minor adjustments to machines as needed to maintain operation
• Must climb, stoop, crawl, twist turn and move objects above and below the head, and walk continually to perform job functions
May be required to load and move stacks of milk weighing approximately 240 pounds or ice cream racks weighing 1,000 pounds for the duration of the shift in the staging and loading of trailers. May be required to stack and unstack items weighing 50 pounds from a height of approximately seven feet to the ground and back continually for the duration of the shift. Must be able to work in both very hot (more than 100 degrees) and very cold (less than 20 degrees below zero) and in a very wet and humid environment for extended periods of time.
Must keep work area safe and clean and work in a safe and efficient manner. Must be able to follow both written and verbal instructions, perform basic mathematics, and fill out written daily reports.