Avionics Wiring Technician
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67209
The Avionics Installer assists with the fabrication and installation of avionic and cabin electrical system wiring and components. The Avionics Installer works under the direct supervision of a Lead to produce high quality work on a timely basis to meet production and delivery schedules.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
1. Communicate as required to receive and understand work assignments. Perform tasks completely, accurately, and in a timely manner. Ensure that work accomplished meets FAA requirements, customer specifications.
2. Ensure compliance with internal and FAA inspection and documentation requirements. Properly complete equipment & parts change sheets, work order sign-offs, and other paper work in a timely manner.
3. Properly identify (tag) and store customer property and equipment.
4. Use wire-stamping machines to apply numbers to wires.
5. Read and understand wiring diagrams.
6. Build wire harnesses on the bench.
7. Install wire harnesses in aircraft. Route and terminate wires. Tie-wrap, protect and clamp wire bundles.
8. Wire subassemblies (entertainment, annunciator assemblies, lavatory, fuel control panels, etc.).
9. Effectively disassemble & re-assemble aircraft interiors, instrument panels, avionics equipment racks.
10. Correctly use analog and digital multi-meters to measure resistance, voltage and current.
11. Fabricate and install instrument panels, antennas, antenna doublers & mounting hardware in aircraft.
12. Apply external power to aircraft and perform basic cockpit/cabin electrical checkout.
13. Become familiar with technical reference materials. Learn how to find information.
14. Lead small projects of short duration.
15. Use the Corridor system to enter daily labor against correct Work Order and item numbers.
16. Possess a working knowledge of the Company Policies and Procedures manual, Company Inspection Procedures manual, and any pertinent process specifications.
17. Keep shop and aircraft work areas clean and uncluttered.
18. Properly care for and maintain shop equipment and tools as assigned by Supervisor.
19. Comply with safety rules and procedures.
20. Contribute to an environment in which all people are respected.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work of the job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Education & Experience:
High School Diploma, or equivalent required.
2- Year Electronics Technology degree
4 years prior work history dealing with aircraft avionics installation
Must meet the requirements of Airport Authority to be receive a badge and have no ramp restrictions
Current Valid Driver’s License
Must be able to read, write and speak the English language and communicate with all levels of the organization.
Must posses creativity, organizational skills, mechanical / electrical aptitude, a professional attitude, and the ability to work with people and to meet demanding schedules.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Must have an ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables. Solid reasoning and good judgment is fundamental.
Basic computer Skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
FCC License Helpful
Must provide own hand tools, specialized tools will be provided.