Plumbers & Pipefitters Apprenticeship - Junction City
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Junction City, KS 66441
Five year Plumbing and Pipefitting Apprenticeship Program available state-wide in Kansas. Earn and learn. Plumbers & Pipefitters LU 441 trains men and women for the Plumbing & Pipefitting Industry for Union Contractors in and around the State of Kansas. If you are hired for this program then you will be working for Union Contractors while you attend apprenticeship school for plumbing, pipefitting, HVAC/R & Welding.
- Candidates can apply all year long. -
- Interviews will happen a minimum of 2 times a year and then on an as needed basis.
- Tentatively we will have interviews the first part of May for applications submitted by April 1, 2021.
- Tentatively we will have interviews again the first part of November for applications submitted by October 1, 2021
- Applications will remain on file for one year, applicants may apply, if not chosen, once per year.
- Applications will be processed, and applicants will be contacted prior to interview to complete a hair follicle drug screen. Once applicants have passed their drug screen they will be contacted by certified mail with the date and time of their scheduled interview.
All applicants must meet the following pre-screen requirements before receiving the official application.
- $25 money order/cashier’s check made out to PPATKS
- Must be or turn 18 by June 1st (or December 1st depending on application time for interviews)
- Have a GED Certificate with Scores or Letter from school counselor stating they are on track to graduate on schedule.
- Provide a sealed copy of High School Transcripts (Workforce will open this and verify they have graduated)
- Valid Driver’s License or supporting documents showing insurable to drive.
- Work Keys Certificate showing at least a 4 in Math
- Birth Certificate or Valid Pass Port
- DD214 Form (if applicable)
Plumbers and Pipefitters Apprenticeship participants will receive classroom and on the job training leading to a career in the Plumbing and Pipefitting field.
Candidates in the Junction City area please apply in person at the below location:
Junction City Workforce Center, 1012 W 6th St Suite A, Junction City, KS 66441.
You must bring all required documentation before your application is submitted
Applications & Documents will be accepted at the following Workforce Centers:
- Dodge City
- Junction City
You can contact 877-509-6757 for your nearest workforce center location.