DC Systems Support Supervisor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Arkansas City, KS 67005
The System Support Supervisor’s roll is to oversee the day to day operations of the DC. This position will involve the management, tuning and troubleshooting of the warehouse systems. Responsible for maintaining high levels of availability of the supported business applications. Maintain and troubleshoot a variety of systems and technologies. This individual also participates in the planning and implementation of policies and procedures to ensure system provisioning and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices, and regulatory requirements.
Strategy & Planning
• Participate in and support capacity planning and the development of long-term strategic goals for systems and software in conjunction with Warehouse Management Systems.
Acquisition & Deployment
• Coordinate with DC Systems Support Tech’s, IT network manager, business application owners, and outside vendors to coordinate appropriate measures to address system failures.
• Supervise the maintenance of workstations, printers, scanners, and other DC equipment.
• Manage warehouse systems which include working with software vendors and contractors
• Manage communications and connection solutions, including workstation connectivity, local area networks, wide area networks, wireless network, PLCs, scanning devices, and other related warehouse equipment
• Ensure the integrity and security of enterprise data on host computers, multiple databases, and during data transfer in accordance to business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory compliance.
• Manage input/output fleet, including PLCs, printers and scanners.
• Work with IT to perform and test system’s connectivity and functionality
• Anticipate, mitigate, identify, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware and software problems, input/output fleet, and workstations. Escalate incidents as necessary.
• Support application development teams throughout project lifecycles.
• Analyze system, server, application, network, and input/output device performance.
• Recommend, schedule, and assist with software and hardware improvements, upgrades, patches, reconfigurations, and/or purchases.
• Conduct research on emerging products, services, protocols, and standards in support of systems software procurement and development efforts.
• Create required reports in response to business needs.
• Participate in negotiations with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure software products and services.
• Develop, document, and maintain policies, procedures and associated training plans for system administration and appropriate use.
• Manage and/or provide guidance to other members of the team.
• Deliver against monthly targets using leading indicator KPI’s.
• Manage and promote accountability and success promoting a Creekstone Proud Culture.
• Assist the DC Systems Support Manager as needed.
Formal Education & Certification
• Two to four years equivalent work experience required.
• College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science, project management or engineering preferred.
Knowledge & Experience
• Proficient with Microsoft /Cisco Networking/WAN/LAN/PLC
• Strong Knowledge/Concept of Warehouse Management Systems
• Must be able to troubleshoot Hardware/Software/Networking
• Experience with SQL data management.
• Experience documenting and maintaining configuration and process information.
• Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
• Adept at reading, writing, and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals.
• Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products as required.
• Ability to present ideas and solutions in user-friendly language.
• Highly self-motivated and directed.
• Keen attention to detail.
• Skilled at working within a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• 40-hour on-site work week with on-call availability.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Standing for extended periods of time
• Climbing of stairs
• Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and to handle other computer components.
• Occasional inspection of cables, scanners, systems, etc.
• Lifting and transporting of moderately heavy objects, such as computers and peripherals.
• Exposure to cold environment