Director of Operations
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67218
ADG is seeking a Director of Operations for the Wichita, KS location who displays an entrepreneurial spirit with the primary goal of generating profit which improving the lives of those you employ. In this role you will be responsible for all aspects of the Call Center financial performance, quality of research, employee retention and development all while being the professional image of the center.
The person who assumes this role will serve as the motivator and innovator of the center while building a unified team capable of meeting any challenge.
This is a hands-on position and will oversee 75-150+ part-time employees along with full-time staff with the responsibilities being: Staff Management; Management of Financial Performance; Project Management and Floor Management.
• Ability to work a full-time flexible schedule, including some early morning, overnight and weekend shifts, to work overtime as needed, and to respond to urgent issues at the store when they arise.
• Deductive reasoning ability, advanced analytical skills and computer skills Advanced communication skills, leadership, supervision, and influencing skills.
• Team builder with strong business acumen.
• Undergraduate degree; MBA preferred or equivalent required.
• 5+ years of experience as a call center, retail manager or other significant operations experience.
Compensation: Total compensation is based on call center performance
• Base salary range: $45,000 – $50,000 depending upon education and experience.
• Monthly bonus based on center performance ($4,800 potential).
• Year-end bonus based on center performance ($5,000 – $35,000 potential).
Other Benefits: Company provides a cell phone and internet cost reimbursement of ($110/mo.) Health & Life Insurance, 401k Plan, Paid Sick and Vacation, Company Supplied Laptop
The Director of Operations (DO) is responsible for all performance aspects of the Call Center including but not limited to the financial performance, quality of the interviews, job satisfaction, personal development of all team members, and overall professional image of the center. Reporting to the National Director of Operations, the Director will be the principle motivator and innovator of the center while building a unified team capable of meeting any challenge. Direct reports (paid hourly) are at the discretion of the DO, but common configuration is: Human Resources/Payroll Manager/Recruiter, Trainer(s), Quality Assurance Personnel, and all Call Center Supervision. The Director is expected to not only intimately understand each job role reporting to him/her, but also know how to control all costs governing the Center’s operation while maintaining an entrepreneurial mindset with a commitment to the well-being and professional development of all supported team members. Specific responsibilities of this position are:
- Set up and manage projects from start to finish. This includes assigning interviewers to projects based on previous briefings and performance, checking quotas and remaining sample to complete the project, and ensuring supervisors are prepared for shift.
- Full knowledge of the Quancept and Voxco CATI and Sytel auto-dialer software being used in the center and its management; including capability of checking quotas, loading and managing sample, running toplines and other simple reports.
- Daily meeting with direct staff regarding current project schedule, review project budgets vs. actual production, quality efforts and sample health.
- Responsibility for management of telephone center operations including the quality, efficiency and performance of interviewing, and for insuring all projects are completed on time, on budget and in a manner and quality that is consistent with client and the company goals.
- Primary point of contact for all call center issues including technical infrastructure.
- Working with shift supervisors, to ensure that all interviewers are meeting production goals by reviewing interviewer production statistics, identifying strengths and weaknesses of individual interviewers and ensuring that supervisors are working one on one to improve interviewer performance.
- Oversee the assignment of interviewers to projects that maximize their strengths as well as the performance of the job and assign other interviewers to retraining.
- Working with shift supervisors, ensure that all interviewers are producing quality work by confirming that supervisors are reviewing and coordinating feedback to interviewers on monitoring and validating.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, and coordinate feedback from coding and data processing to the supervisors.
- Ensure shifts start on time.
- Ensure interviewers have a forum through which to evaluate supervisors
- Continually coach supervisors and work to improve their level of competence both managerially and technically.
MANAGEMENT OF QUALITY
- Ensure Client Services Managers are provided accurate, clearly presented status reports on their projects nightly, according to their specifications.
- Ensure telephone center’s quality assurance department provides feedback to supervisors on interviewer performance, and ensure supervisors are providing feedback to interviewers.
- Oversee client monitoring and ensure project directors receive feedback from QA department regarding their clients’ monitoring.
- Provide daily interviewer notes for staff detailing projects going that day, specific dialing patterns or client concerns, and goals for production and dials on each project.
- Monitor and work to improve the performance of new hires to include the quality of their work.
- Develop training programs which result in the continual improvement in interviewer quality.
- Provide an environment to all team members that is clean, safe and enjoyable.
- Responsible for telephone center’s compliance with all state labor laws during shift (particularly break/leaving times of those employees under 18).
MANAGEMENT OF SUPERVISORS
- Responsible for the individual performance and development of supervisors.
- Lead daily meetings before shift with all supervisors to coordinate project priorities for the shift. Ensure those priorities are communicated to all necessary departments; lead weekly supervisor meetings.
- Oversight of all shifts.
- Daily review of productivity reports of interviewer performance.
- Oversight of supervisor’s work regarding improvement, &/or consistency in interviewer quality.
MANAGEMENT OF FINANCIAL PERFORMANCE
- Maintain budgets on jobs by tracking production rates versus their bid and hourly revenue.
- Intervene on problem jobs by communicating with Client Services Managers in order to meet hourly revenue goals on all projects.
- Monitor gross and operating margins and work to achieve goals on a monthly basis.
- Be aware of and monitor the center’s annual budget.
OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
The buck stops at your desk. You are the head janitor as much as you are the call center leader. The job must be approached from an entrepreneurial perspective with the primary goal of generating profit which improving the lives of those you employ. This can and will involve tasks outside your scope of expertise but are expected to execute to the best of your ability with the resources you can muster.