Economic Development Analyst
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67203
Company: Sedgwick County
Pay: Annual Salary: $42,361.28
Work Schedule: Monday to Friday; 8am to 5pm
Performs primary support functions to promote Sedgwick County economic development initiatives and goals, to include efforts to retain existing businesses and recruit new businesses, evaluation of compliance of existing agreements between Sedgwick County and business entities, representation on area economic development entities, and administration of the foreign trade zone. Promotion of Sedgwick County micro-loan programs.
Perform day-to-day administrative tasks to support economic development goals of Sedgwick County
- Develop and maintain expertise in regional economic development initiatives and partnerships through memberships, educational seminars/conferences, publications, and networking events
- Develop and maintain database of current programs and services offered to local businesses and businesses looking to relocate to the region, including WSU Center for Economic Development and Business Research and Wichita Metro. Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Provide economic development information upon request to Sedgwick County Commissioners and senior leadership, specifically related to programs offered by Sedgwick County and partners
- Maintain list of active projects/activities and provide monthly status updates to Sedgwick County Economic Development Team; this Team shall be established by the Sedgwick County Deputy County Manager.
- Develop strategies to meet annual goals and evaluate progress to be approved annually by Sedgwick County Economic Development Team
- Economic Development Team in April, July, October, and January.
Oversee administration of County economic development programs
- Administer the foreign-trade zone in compliance with law, regulation, and contract
- Promote and oversee the Sedgwick County micro loan program, providing quarterly updates of program metrics to the Sedgwick County Economic Development Team
- Perform annual compliance visits to ensure companies receiving incentives or loans or otherwise participating in County-administered programs are compliant with terms and provide written report outlining each visit and outcome to the Sedgwick County Economic Development Team
Collaborate with partners to achieve strategic goals and objectives:
- Collaborate with economic development entities, including City of Wichita, small cities in the county, other regional governments, and regional economic development organizations, to promote business retention, expansion, and recruitment through meetings, special events, and applicable conferences.
- Develop and maintain positive and collaborative working relationships with partners, including City of Wichita, small cities in the county, other regional governments, and regional economic development organizations through routine meetings, memberships, board appointments, and other events as appropriate.
- Provide presentations on economic development programs, foreign trade zone functions and best practices as requested.
- Some business travel required to attend economic development meetings and conferences
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in Public or Business Administration, Economics or a related field. Five years of experience in progressively responsible and varied administrative work in a public or private organization, including supervisory experience. Two years of experience with economic development administration, property tax administration or any equivalent combination of training and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s Degree
Certified Economic Developer, Retention Specialist, FTZ Certification
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Human Resources by phone at (316) 660-7050, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777). Do not use this phone number for employment questions. This number is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.