Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Pittsburg, KS 66762
Deliver superior service while connecting with our guests and supporting efforts to achieve AMC’s financial goals.
All associates may be considered for cross-training; some may be assigned duties in one or more areas at management discretion. General responsibilities for all positions include, but are not limited to:
- Exhibit excellent guest service skills.
- Present a calm demeanor that deters others from engaging in disruptive conduct, while encouraging a positive interaction with guests.
- Answer guest questions courteously and accurately or quickly direct them to the appropriate resource.
- Work effectively with supervisors and co-workers.
- Ability to effectively multitask as needed, including but not limited to greeting guests, tearing and scanning tickets, checking IDs, directing guests and answering guest questions.
- Demonstrate consistent and effective sales techniques by meeting expectations for loyalty card sales, suggestive selling, upselling, merchandising, and sampling.
- Complete transactions by greeting each guest, identifying the guest’s request, operating point-of-sale terminals, making change accurately, completing loyalty transactions, and thanking guests.
- Ensure the security of all cash, receipts and tickets.
- Enforce the movie ratings system courteously and effectively. Uphold “zero tolerance” policy in regard to ID checking.
- Distribute, ensure proper working order of, and understand how to operate Assisted Moviegoing Equipment.
- Clean and maintain the exterior and interior areas of the theatre including auditoriums, restrooms, lobbies, concession areas, and box office areas.
- Perform nightly custodial duties as necessary, including but not limited to vacuuming, mopping, seat-cleaning, sanitizing restroom fixtures, etc.
- Control access to the theatre.
- Frequently monitor auditoriums for picture and sound quality, temperature, lighting levels, audience behavior, and film piracy.
- Perform daily stocking and maintenance duties.
- Ability to work and meet deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Follow all procedures to ensure a safe work environment, as well as the safety of our guests.
- Follow instructions on safe use of all chemicals/cleaning materials.
- Uphold AMC’s Business Practice Standards and ensure compliance with company programs.
- Maintain regular personal attendance for all scheduled shifts.
- Assist with other Crew functions and perform other duties as directed.
- Provided by Theatre: Black t-shirt, nametag.
- Provided by Associate: Black pants, black shoes, socks, black belt.
AMC and its subsidiaries are committed to equal employment opportunity and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local employment laws. AMC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination and will provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to an applicant’s race, color, religion, creed, gender, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, military status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other reason prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law, regulation, or ordinance. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.
Minimum Job Requirements
Requirements to be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation:
- Standing, walking, lifting, twisting, and bending on a frequent basis.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and carry it up to 90 feet (or deposit into dumpster or trash compactor).
AMC amazing. That’s the promise we deliver to nearly 35,000 associates, 240 million guests domestically, and 350 million guests worldwide each year. AMC has propelled industry innovation since 1920, and we continue to innovate by delivering premium sight and sound, new and improved food and beverage options, and diverse content in our state-of-the-art theatres. We focus on delivering friendly, superior service to our guests. We lead by example, have fun, and give back to the communities in which we live and work. If you feel motivated and energized by our culture, and if you can name your three favorite movies in the next 30 seconds, then AMC may be the right place for you. We offer competitive compensation, excellent benefits, and an environment that encourages teamwork, inclusion, collaboration, and results.
AMC is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local employment laws. AMC strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, military status, or genetic information. All AMC associates, other workers and representatives are prohibited from engaging in unlawful discrimination. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits and termination of employment.
AMC complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law. Consistent with those requirements, AMC will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with a disability if such accommodation would allow the individual to perform the essential functions of the job, unless doing so would create an undue hardship. If you believe you need an accommodation, contact your immediate supervisor or AMC’s Compliance department. AMC will also provide reasonable accommodations for an associate’s sincerely held religious beliefs or practices, unless doing so will not create an undue hardship.
AMC prohibits, any form of discipline, reprisal, intimidation or retaliation for good faith reports or complaints of incidents of discrimination of any kind, pursuing any discrimination claim or cooperating in related investigations.