Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Newton, KS 67114
Want to make something truly special? Join Ardent Mills, the premier flour-milling and ingredients company. With us, you can make products that exceed customer expectations. Make communities healthier and more prosperous. Make the innovative breakthroughs that shape our industry. Make the food that nourishes people throughout North America.
Our operations and services are supported by 40 flour mills, three bakery-mix facilities, and a specialty bakery, all located in the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico. We have deep roots in our communities, employing more than 100 certified millers, supporting thousands of local jobs and contributing billions of dollars to local economies.
The duties of the Operator Lead will be to collaborate with Lead Elevator, Millers, Blenders, Warehouse Technicians, Sanitation and Mechanics on each shift, to safely execute the facility s plan for meeting customer expectations, while maintaining Ardent Mills Ethics and Safety standards.
Lead communication across the facility on each shift. Be a safety champion, support all areas of the facility in trouble-shooting operational issues. Point person in cases of emergency downtime & EAP situations, communicate to Management team as necessary. This will require hands-on support for all departments. Ensure emergency call-ins are adequately covered. Work with local BNSF switch crew, to safely spot cars at facility as required.
MAJOR ACTIVITY AREAS OF THE POSITION
- Collaborate with & lead employees on each shift to safely execute the facility s plan for meeting customer expectations.
- Support and direct shift teams to meet and exceed Ardent s ethics and safety standards, food safety, sanitation, milling efficiency, production goals and customer needs.
- Be a safety champion and coordinate PJHA s and needed safety discussions to remove all exposures prior to performing any non-routine tasks during shift.
- Support all areas of the facility in trouble-shooting operational issues, and help implement solutions to solve issues. This will require hands-on support in each department as well as helping deploy maintenance and other facility resources as needed.
- Train and develop new employees by being a positive resource.
- Be point person in cases of emergency downtime & EAP situations, and communicate these to management team as necessary.
- Ensure emergency call-ins are adequately covered.
- Team player, self-starter, motivator, goal oriented, strategic thinker
- Safety oriented
- Willingness to grow with the company
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
ARDENT MILLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL RECEIVE CONSIDERATION FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, DISABILITY OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS.
THE PRECEDING POSITION DESCRIPTION HAS BEEN DESIGNED TO INDICATE THE GENERAL NATURE AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF WORK PERFORMED BY EMPLOYEES WITHIN THIS POSITION. IT MAY NOT CONTAIN A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF EMPLOYEES IN THIS POSITION. THE DESCRIPTION, DUTIES, FUNCTIONS, AND RESPONSIBILITIES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF ARDENT MILLS.
Employer’s Job# R1371
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.