SMT Machine Operator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Olathe, KS 66062
Great ideas sometimes come from singular inspiration, but more often they?re a result of collaborative effort. Inside Garmin, we like to foster an environment of participation and engagement. We support professional development, offer well-designed career paths and adhere to a policy that prioritizes promoting from within the company to maximize the opportunities for our associates. We are also committed to being a good corporate citizen and providing opportunities for associates to contribute toward a healthy, sustainable world.
We?ve automated our state-of-the-art production lines, but we still need good people. We?re seeking a dedicated individual willing to learn the skills to become a certified surface mount technology (SMT) machine operator and to share those skills to train other Garmin associates. Must be able to efficiently and quickly load feeders, enter programs, set up support fixtures and prep multiple assembly lines, with the primary goal being to maximize robotic machine productive time. (Performance of this duty may include lifting up to 25 pounds.)?
We?re looking for a full time SMT Operator for our headquarters in Olathe, KS. In this role you will be responsible for assembling surface mount technology (SMT) electronic sub-assemblies using robotic machines. Other essential functions include:
- Must learn all basic skills for becoming a certified SMT Machine Operator by completing written training objectives and demonstrating proficiency
- Tend machines by quickly and efficiently loading/replenishing feeders with reels of components, entering programs into automated placement machinery, setting up support fixtures, and prepping multiple assembly lines for next shop order.? Primary goal being to maximize machine productive time ( Performance of this duty may include lifting up to 25 pounds)
- Read shop orders, follow production work instruction and sample assemblies, and receive verbal or written instructions regarding duties to be performed
- Train other GARMIN associates on task requirements and processes
- Provide daily status and process communications via e-mail to SMT Machine Operators on other shifts, Production Management and Process Engineering
- Position, align, and hand-place components in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture or conveyance during sequential assembly of printed circuit boards (Performance of this duty may include lifting up to 25 pounds)
- Collect quality data, essential for continuous improvement and tracking of factory deliverables
- Perform operator level preventive maintenance on machines, per Garmin requirements
- Troubleshooting component placement and machine issues that are commensurate with associate?s level of expertise, training, and latitude provided by Process Engineering
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO