Tax Accountant-Sales & Use Tax
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Olathe, KS 66051
DH Pace Company, Inc., located in Olathe, Kansas, is seeking a Tax Accountant. This position maintains sales tax compliance for DH Pace within multiple taxing jurisdictions and advises management regarding corporate taxing strategies.
- Preparation of large volume of monthly sales tax returns
- Monthly reconciliations to general ledger
- Maintain tax code set up and tax rates in multiple operating systems
- Respond to various company wide sales and use tax questions
- Prepare and maintain tax training materials
- Communicate effectively and foster relationships with various internal departments regarding sales and use tax
- Prepare and respond to tax authorities for sales and use tax audits and other various correspondence
- Audit internal tax compliance and prepare refund requests as necessary
- Manage and testing of new and upcoming software implementations
- Research, analyze and create action plans for taxing structure to integrate new acquisitions into a rapidly growing environment
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum Bachelor?s Degree in Accounting/Finance
- Must have proven experience in a fast-paced environment, with keen attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals
- Capacity to effectively present information and respond to questions from internal and external parties
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office with an emphasis in Excel
- Working knowledge of financial statements, general ledger and trial balance, daily and monthly reconciliation of accounts
- Minimum 2-5 years of sales and use tax experience in a multi-state environment
- Experience with Suretax and/or Vertex tax systems
- Experience with Baan, Microsoft Navision and/or IFS ERP systems
Why DH Pace?
DH Pace Company is a distribution, construction and service organization offering a complete range of door and door related products through over 45 offices in the US. The company is privately-held and family operated for over 90 years, with sales in 2018 in excess of $500MM.
We set the tone for success, reward hard work and put employees first:
- Exposure to tenured DH Pace leaders will invest time in associate growth and development.
- Access to online training material to enhance professional skills and product knowledge
- Advancement and transfer opportunities
- Competitive base salary
- Comprehensive total benefits package and corporate wellness program
- Paid time off plan
DH Pace Company
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO