Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67203
Description: The Purchasing Manager will plan, direct, control, and coordinate the work activities and resources necessary for Purchasing operations. Duties and responsibilities include formulating policies and processes, planning the use of materials, technology, and human resources in the Purchasing operations. This manager will look for processes to improve, prevent, and/or correct within his/her area of responsibility. Serve as a backup to the President.
Essential Functions: This position will perform the below listed duties consistently, accurately, timely, safely, and at the lowest feasible cost:
1. Maintain good order, provide leadership, discipline, and training of the Purchasing Department
2. Attend periodic Management Reviews
3. Make it understood by all Team Members that Customer satisfaction is our first priority, and the importance of compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements
4. Protect the Company’s assets, reputation, goodwill, and stature in the marketplace at all costs
5. Keep management informed at all times
6. Maintain in good order all documents associated with this position
7. Participate in, and make, hiring and firing decisions
8. Train all subordinate positions
9. Look for processes to improve, prevent, and/or correct
10. Make effective use of materials and equipment through planning, proper storage, material cost control, and control of machinery and equipment costs
11. Conduct a daily meeting or briefing with all Team Members who report to this position
12. Lead and attend scheduled training programs
13. Perform any and all other duties as assigned by the President
Computer Skills: Basic Computer, E-Mail, and Web skills are required. Advanced computer skills required are Microsoft Office, Sage 50
Licenses Required: Valid Driver’s License
Travel Documents: United States Passport
Experience Required: Requires five (5) years minimum experience in a purchasing or buying environment dealing with commercial accounts, and previous supervisory experience with the Company.
Education Required: Prefer a Bachelor’s Degree in a business curriculum from an accredited college or university, or equivalent experience, and must be knowledgeable of all products and services offered by the Company.