Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lenexa, KS 66215
“Operates within one or more area(s) in a continuous flow manufacturing process executing prescribed repetitive processes to meet production and quality standards. Performs routine inspections and basic preventative maintenance on equipment. Process Areas: Coiling, Foam Encasement, Assembly, Gluing, Sewing, Borders, Quilting, Closing and Packing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follows all safety policies and procedures defined by the company safety program and OSHA regulations to eliminate work related injuries.
- Manufactures sufficient quantities of quality products per specified standards.
- Monitors the process using meters, gauges, valves, flow ratios, temperatures, pressures, and related controls and guidelines to ensure adherence to production/process specifications.
- Reports any malfunctions or abnormalities and makes minor adjustments and repairs to equipment.
- Assembles mechanical units, fabricated parts/components and/or electrical/electronic systems to make sub assemblies, assemblies or complete units using hand tools, power tools, jigs, fixtures and miscellaneous equipment.
- Follows established procedures for operating various conventional and/or CNC (computerized numerical control) manufacturing equipment for tasks such as cutting, punching, forming, drilling, tapping, turning, milling, and stamping to fabricate, form or shape manufactured parts, tools or parts assemblies from raw materials
- Selects and measures raw materials and parts to specifications to prepare for production processing
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/ FUNCTIONAL SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES?
*Demonstrates pride, ownership and accountability for Safety and Quality
*Strong mechanical aptitude, analytical thinking and ability to problem solve
*Excellent communication skills and ability to work in cross-functional teams
*Ability and willingness to cross-train
*Adapt to changing circumstances and priorities
*Effectively solve targeted problems
*Encourage and own a safe work environment
*Produce high quality work
Work cooperatively with others and achieve outcomes
*Open to feedback and motivated to grow outside the comfort zone
*Communicate efficiently and effectively with others
*Uphold SSB Mission & Core Values
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
•Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
•Must be at least 18 years or older.
•High school diploma or GED not required
•Previous experience in a manufacturing operations environment preferred.
JOB FACTORS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
•Work involves physical demands typically found in a manufacturing environment, such as but not limited to: prolonged standing, bending, lifting and/or moving materials."