Controls Engineering Technologist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Coffeyville, KS 67337
Under general supervision, this position is responsible for maintaining the control graphics and system documentation for the Coffeyville Refinery’s Automation and Controls Department. The incumbent will regularly communicate with operators and engineers to ensure minor and major issues are expeditiously addressed and that applicable employees receive controls training.
• Computer Science Degree
• Microsoft Network or equivalent certification, preferred;
• Strong computer systems skills required, specifically:
• System Administration in Windows-based Control System
• Windows Operating System
• Windows Network Operating System
• PI System Administration, including point and report building
• Microsoft Office
• Minimum of five —(5) years control systems and IT systems administration experience
• Honeywell Automation Process Control, Delta V, Graphics Building, Advanced Graphics Building and or any other TDC-3000 or Experion work experience preferred
• Work experience with HTML and Visual Basic Scripting preferred
• Demonstrated understanding of refinery processes and operations preferred
• Experience in reading and correcting International Society of Automation standard Piping &Isometrics Diagrams required
• Proficiency with Microsoft Excel required
• Fluent in English, both oral and written required
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency and desire to work in a team environment
• Ability to adjust work schedule to meet refinery deadlines and to address unexpected issues
• Good understanding of the requirement for process data reliability
• Understanding of real-time system requirements
• Knowledge of Cyber Security requirements
• Ability to work with large number of stakeholders
• Ability to manage a large number of databases
• Provides day-to-day management and support of the PI and alarm management databases and other PCN-resident databases.
• Provides primary backup to the Control Systems Specialist and as such has 1st level knowledge of system administration responsibilities
• Has prime responsibility for PI integrity and the configuration/utility of configured points
• Ensure real-time integrity of PI to support CVR safety and availability requirements in day-to-day operations — at the L3 and L3.5 PCN layers
• Ensure integrity of the alarm management database
• Provide technical support to PI data collectors
• Ensure the integrity, enforcement and monitoring of industrial control systems best practices for PI and other PCN-resident databases(i.e. ANSI/ISA 62443 (formerly ISA 99 Industrial Automation and Control Systems Security) — conduct and log periodic security audits, including formal yearly audits audit
• Monitor database performance, identify and correct issues, generate/maintain PCN Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and reports
• Manage and maintain database performance logs
• Manage any 3rd party contractor performing database work on PCN-resident databases
• Participate in design reviews of database changes proposed by external and engineering contractors. Participate and perform commissioning on facilities/designs provided by external contractors that require changes to PI, alarm management software or any other PCN-resident database (i.e. Care, Custody and Control)
• Maintain and monitor the cyber security systems of the control systems (Firewalls, system traffic monitors).
• Courteous, and timely responses to users’ inquiries
• Accurate and easily retrievable records, reports and documents accountable for maintaining
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United States. The Company will not sponsor immigration or work visas.
CVR Energy is an EEO and affirmative action employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply.