Fire Alarm Inspector
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lenexa, KS 66219
Fire Alarm Inspector (WD30085829315)
What you will do
Fire Alarm Inspectors are responsible for conducting routine inspections, testing, service, and preventative maintenance on Electrical, Sprinkler or Suppression life safety product lines as well as similar competitive manufacturers’ product lines.
How you will do it
- Foster collaboration with other technicians to support inspection completion
- Work with low voltage systems and associated devices to test and inspect the customers equipment to verify the proper operation of the low voltage equipment including fire alarm, burg, security, nursecall, patient wander and other equivalent equipment.
- Communicate with the customer from the initial scheduling along with the meet/greet to discuss the planned events. Communicate with the customer any issues identified during the test and inspections and do a final debrief with the customer at the end of the test and inspection to inform the customer of the findings.
- Complete Service Acknowledgements with proper coding through communication devices such as laptop computers, mobile devices and/or hard copy.
- Maintain and Operate ancillary equipment used to perform the inspections including ExacTech and other mobile/electronic hardware
- Provide on-the-spot quoting to the customer along with leads to the office for other services customers may request
- Follow and maintain a highly structured inspection schedule.
- Input, retrieve and archive inspection documents via laptop accessed databases.
- Make minor repairs and programming changes with minimal supervision.
- Provide technical training to less senior inspectors and trainees.
- Complete assigned inspections on time.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we look for
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in low voltage electrical systems.
- Fire and /or Life Safety Systems experience
- Experience in reading and interpreting blueprints, diagrams, submittals, specifications, programs schematics and operational/product manuals.
- Experience with hand tools and multi-meter usage.
- Demonstrates an aptitude for troubleshooting systems and performing certain repairs.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Proficiency with using PCs including working knowledge of MS Excel / Word as well as iPhone apps.
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and moving equipment and tools up to 40 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40 feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc.
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet customer requirements.
- Willing to travel out of town including overnight lodging.
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
- Self-starter that can work with little to no supervision.
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines and procedures at all times.
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly.
- Possess a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company requirements.
- Able to pass a pre-employment background and drug test.
- Able to obtain and retain any licenses that are required by National, State and Local codes.
- Self-motivated to better themselves and their career opportunities by taking on-line training offered by the Company.
- Fire suppression experience is a plus.
What else you’ll get
Supportive team environment, flexible schedule, mobile device, laptop, company vehicle. Add to that a competitive salary, best in class benefits package that starts on day 1, which includes medical, dental & vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement, paid time off and career growth opportunities.
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.