Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67213
Job Summary: Responsible for analyzing, compiling and submitting bid proposals to customers.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None.
Essential Functions, Duties, and Responsibilities
This position may involve knowledge of confidential information. Such information will be handled with the utmost discretion.
1. Analyzes new bids/orders as they are received.
2. Determines if the company wants to bid on the orders and/or if we can build what the bid/order requires – bid/no bid.
3. Determines the itemized list of requirements for the Bill of Materials for each bid.
4. Determines the itemized labor costs/requirements for each bid.
5. Works closely with Engineering and other employees/departments in the creation of bids/estimates.
6. Conducts special studies to develop and establish standard hours and related cost data or effect cost reductions.
7. Determines the total cost/price for each bid. Computes cost factors, using manufacturing cost breakdown, historical and current data to prepare estimates used for bid proposals and determining cost effectiveness.
8. Acquires material cost from the materials group or outside vendors.
9. Consults with customers, vendors or other individuals to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
10. Assists Engineering Manager and other employees as needed and/or required.
Other Duties and Responsibilities: Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned by the supervisor or manager, in addition to the essential functions listed above.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Strong ability to interpret aircraft blue prints, drawing and customer specifications.
2. Strong oral and written communication skills. Communicate effectively with employees and customers.
3. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
4. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
5. Strong ability to perform basic and more complicated mathematic fundamentals – add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
6. Strong ability to use PC computers and have command of Microsoft software – Word and Excel, PowerPoint, and others as needed. Use of company computer systems (as trained).
7. Positive customer service and ability to work with others in a team setting. Regularly works effectively, and relates well, with others including superiors, colleagues, and individuals inside and outside of the company. Exhibits a consistent professional manner in all situations.
8. Understanding of the inner workings of the company, and can answer questions asked by internal and external customers.
9. Strong knowledge of the aerospace industry is preferred.
10. Strong motivation and self-starting initiative is required. Ability to work independently with little supervision.
11. Strong organizational and planning skills are required.
12. Ability to operate effectively in a time-sensitive environment in order to meet deadlines.
13. Ability to interpret and understand aerospace contracts.
14. Strong problem solving skills. Ability to apply logic in problem solving for both internal and external customers.
15. Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
Education and Experience
1. BS in Engineering or other related field is preferred.
2. Minimum of five (5) to 10 years of experience in cost accounting and/or manufacturing engineering/planning/estimating in a manufacturing environment is needed.
3. Strong experience in compiling data, cost factors and assembling information into an appropriate
computer format for bid proposals is required.
4. Strong command of computer skills is required:
a. All Microsoft Office software used by the company
b. All related company systems – will be trained in these systems.
Work Authorization: Must qualify as a U.S. Person as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) in order to access export controlled technology.
Required Safety Training
1. Follow all company safety policies and procedures.
2. Attend required safety and environmental training, as determined by the EH&S office.
General: Maintain personal productivity and quality standards as determined by supervision. Follow standard departmental/company practices and procedures as outlined by management. Maintain area in a clean and orderly condition.
Note: This job description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of the fundamental job duties. All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities.