2020 Summer College Intern-Chanute, KS Assembly
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chanute, KS 66720
This position will allow for multifaceted experience within the Orizon Aerostructures – Chanute Assembly facility. The Engineer will verify productivity rates and processes to ensure efficiencies are attainable and processes are scalable. This includes the implementation of “Lean Manufacturing” techniques in a meaningful and practical way as well as development and training of standardized operating procedures for each assembly process.
• Creation and review of production planning as assigned on new programs including but not limited to BOM’s, ERP Routings, and Work Instructions.
• Maintain engineering documentation in accordance with internal and external requirements within the ERP system and local file server.
• Engage Production Supervisors and employees in developing lean manufacturing techniques which will lead to cost reduction and improved efficiency.
• Perform time studies of assembly products/processes and provide detailed analysis to ensure actual hours are being forecasted.
• Provide lean manufacturing ideas to reduce assembly product/process hours.
• Assist in RCCA activities for nonconforming product to define and develop permanent corrective actions that drive measurable results.
• Metrology inspection utilizing Laser Tracker and T-Probe to verify product conformity to all customer engineering requirements.
• Completion of AS9102 requirements for new assembly products prior the first shipment to the customer.
• Complete reviews/audits of existing QMS forms and work instructions to validate adherence to the AS9100 standard.
• Behavior/Work Management Skills:
Must have demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment with multiple priorities and shifting time requirements.
Must be able to promote a involved, team oriented environment, working with customers (both internal and external), subordinates, other employees, vendors and all others in a professional and respectful manner.
• Interactive Skills:
Must model desired employee and/or leadership behaviors.
Must be able to adapt to and manage change to ensure overall success of the company.
Must be able to assign goals and follow up on completion status.
Must be able to work effectively and positively in a team environment.
Must be able to effectively give and receive feedback.
• Communication Skills:
Must be able to read, comprehend, and retain understanding of written communication.
Must be able to communicate clearly and professionally, both orally and in writing.
Must be able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, employees and vendors.
• Reading Comprehension Skills:
Must be able to read and interpret blueprints.
• Reasoning Ability:
Must be able to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Must be able to compile and present data in a format that facilitates information sharing and decision making.
• Mathematical Skills:
Must be able to work with mathematical concepts including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and di-vision.
• Special Requirements:
Must be able to work extended hours and overtime, including weekends, as required.
In order to comply with U.S. government regulations applicable to this position, all applicants must be either a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., as defined in 8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(20) or a “protected individual”, as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3).
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. Proper safety precautions, including the proper use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), must be followed as dictated by the job and working environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job.
• Lifting up to 50 lbs
• Wrist (Flexion/Extension)
• Grasping (forceful)
• Working Above Shoulders
• Close Vision Tolerance
• Climbing stairs/ladders
• Carrying objects
• Varying levels of abrupt/continuous noises
This job description is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all possible job responsibilities, tasks, and duties. The responsibilities, tasks, and duties may differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, may be required.
Orizon Aerostructures is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to employees and applicants for employment to assure that individuals with disabilities enjoy full access to equal employment opportunity (EEO). Orizon shall provide reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees and applicants with disabilities, unless Orizon can demonstrate that a particular accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of its programs.
Equal Opportunity Employer