Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Burlington, KS 66839
US – Burlington, KS
Are you interested in being part of an innovative team that supports Westinghouse’s mission to provide clean energy solutions? At Westinghouse, we recognize that our employees are our most valuable asset and we seek to identify, attract and recruit the most qualified talent while recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the global workplace.
If this sounds like an environment you would thrive in, we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer in the Integrated Site Engineering group.
- Provide miscellaneous plant support functions to support the operations of the Wolf Creek Generating Station (WCGS) in fulfillment of the Core Design & Safety Analysis function outsourcing arrangement between the Wolf Creek Nuclear Operating Company and Westinghouse Electric Company
- Perform safety analysis engineering efforts at Wolf Creek Generating Station (WCGS). This involves performing complex engineering design and analyses in the commercial nuclear industry and providing technical input and written documents supporting the design, development, training, performance, and delivery of technical products and services.
- Effectively define, implement, and drive projects to successful completion.
- Directly responsible for daily overall WCNOC customer satisfaction in the area of fuel reload design and support.
- Provide key customer insight regarding commercial issues.
- A secondary focus will entail the provision of transient analyses, containment analysis, core design, etc., as assigned, to support other Westinghouse customers.
Who You Are:
As a successful candidate, you will bring the following to the team:
- Sufficient experience and logic/problem-solving capabilities to apply engineering principles and techniques to propose, direct, and integrate solutions to highly complex (possibly system level), loosely defined technical problems and to identify direct approaches for the successful resolution of significant technical issues.
- Ability to perform assigned analyses related to the delivery of fuel reloads including fuel core and thermal hydraulic design, Chapter 15 LOCA, non-LOCA and containment transient analysis.
- Detailed knowledge of the WCGS customer organization and daily work practices in the area of fuel reload design, safety analysis, and core performance/reactor engineering.
- Detailed knowledge of Westinghouse safety analysis methodologies and the interface of the safety analysis methodology with the WCGS core performance, PRA and Operations groups.
Specific Desired Skills:
- Expertise in the use of standard Thermal-Hydraulic computer codes used to support WCGS operations, including RETRAN02, VIPRE01, and Westinghouse-specific equivalents.
- Familiarity with NRC Regulations and requirements for safety analysis applications.
- 5 or more years of experience, preferably with at least 2 years stationed at a domestic PWR plant.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or physics required; post-graduate degree preferred.
- Professional Engineer license in Kansas preferred.
Years of Experience
Westinghouse Electric Company is the global nuclear energy industry’s first choice for safe, clean, and efficient energy solutions. We enable our delivery of this vision by living our value system:
- Safety & Quality First
- Valuing Ethics, Integrity & Diversity
- Passion for Serving Our Customers Globally
- Dedication to Each Other Through Servant Leadership
- Creating Value for Shareholders, Customers and Employees
- Consistently Delivering Our Commitments.
Westinghouse offers competitive benefits to all our employees around the globe to keep them healthy and enhance their well-being. In the U.S. the following are representative of what we offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Health, Wellness and Income Protection Benefits
- 401(k) Savings Plan with Company Match
- Paid Vacations and Holidays
- Opportunities for Flexible Work Arrangements
- Educational Reimbursement Program
- Employee Referral Program
While our Global Headquarters are located in Cranberry Township, PA, we have over 9,000 employees working at locations in 19 different countries. You can learn more by visiting link http://www.westinghousenuclear.com./careers/
EOE of Minorities / Females / Vets / Disability.
Keep in mind that only applications completed and submitted via the Westinghouse Careers website will be considered. You can submit your completed application, and also explore other available options, using the following link: link http://www.westinghousenuclear.com/careers/
Get connected with Westinghouse on social media:
Twitter | Facebook | LinkedIn| YouTube
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Senior Engineer | Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC
Westinghouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Vet
As an equal opportunity employer, Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC is committed to a diverse workforce. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnams Veterans’ Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants that require accommodation in the job application process may contact Westinghouse for assistance.