Software Asset Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Topeka, KS 66612
Client Position Title: SystemSoftwareSupervisor
Position Number: 328990
Location: Topeka, KS 66612
Required Skill Set:
Client operations, DBA, Enterprise Architecture, Project Management, SQL, Visual Studio, WebSphere
Position Description:C2C is not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Systems Software Supervisor
Projected Start Date: 12/16/2019
Estimated End Date: 06/12/2020 (Contract-to-Hire)
Job Location: Topeka, KS 66612
Brief Description of Job Duties:
Provide strategic direction, supervision and management for the staff in the database and software support administration teams. These groups oversee the configuration, security, resource monitoring reporting, troubleshooting, and development of specialized programs in support of the products and tools that assist the application development staff, technology services, enterprise architecture, operations, and client management teams within ITS.
Provide leadership, direction and guidance to associates in his/her area as needed. Prepare reviews and evaluate work of subordinates and prepare HR performance reports. Confer with and advise staff in administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods. Complete timesheets, update work plans and attend staff meetings.
Work with Director and enterprise architect to ensure that all DBA and Software Application deployment services projects are in alignment with the strategic direction of the department.
• Communicate the Mission, Vision and Guiding Principles of Human Services Executive Branch Information Technology (HS-EBIT) to peers, clients and the public;
• Identify personal strengths and developmental needs to increase job performance and long-term career growth for themselves and their direct reports.
• Continually analyze work processes, seek new approaches and make recommendations to enhance efficiency and effectiveness of the agency.
• Work in a harmonious and cooperative fashion with other staff to provide efficient and effective customer service.
• Use free time as available to assist other staff in the completion of work assignments.
• Contributes to a positive work environment through a positive, helpful, courteous demeanor towards staff, clients, and the general public.
• Adheres to appropriate standards of conduct regarding the use of leave and reports to work on time.
• Provide management, strategic direction, and oversight for the Tools and Data Base Administration team members.
• Plan, develop, and maintain policy and operational standards for information technology functions and programs for Databases, System Software, Deployment and Release Management for Tools and DBA operations through coordination with customers in HS-EBIT and Business areas, as needed.
• Directs and coordinates the work of the team and activities with other work units to integrate assigned information technology functions and programs.
• Work with HS-EBIT Directors and enterprise architect to ensure that all DBA and Software Application deployment services and projects are in alignment with the strategic direction of the Department.
• Analysis of current and proposed software tools for replacement or purchase recommendation supplying clear and specific justifications to meet the strategic direction of HS-EBIT Directors and business areas.
• Provide direction and guidance to associates in his/her area as needed and set out by policy from Human Resources Performance Management Process. Prepare reviews and evaluate work of subordinates and prepare HR performance reports.
• Confer with and advise staff in administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods.
• Complete timesheets, update work plans, schedule and attend staff meetings.
• Knowledge and experience with application software tools and application development methodology through complete life cycles.
• Knowledge and experience with the following system software; database management, and operating systems.
o SQL Database – must have, current knowledge and training
o Windows Server OS, functions/commands – must have
o SQL Management Studio – must have
o SQL (language) – Strongly Preferred
o Visual Studio – preferred
o Red Gate software – preferred
o Attunity Connect – optional
o WebSphere Application Server – optional
• Ability to deal effectively with the information technology needs of: IT technicians and development staff; business users; and, software vendor and management staff. – Strongly preferred
• Good organization and workload management skills. – Strongly preferred
• Effective written and oral communication skills in order to establish and maintain good rapport with agency staff for effective and timely problem identification, resolution and work efforts. Strongly preferred
• Experience working on small to medium projects or work efforts (1-6 months of effort) enhance and configure assigned database and software products. – optional
• Capability to work independently and effectively in complex environments
Knowledge and ability to utilize the current version of the following products:
• SQL Database
• Windows Server OS, functions/commands
• SQL Management Studio
• SQL (language)
• Visual Studio
• Red Gate software
• Attunity Connect
• WebSphere Application Server
• 3 year’s work experience in management of system software, DBA or application development staff and/or equivalent project management experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, and three years experience in information systems and analysis.
• Five years experience in information systems and analysis. Additional experience in the areas listed above may be substituted for the required education as determined relevant by the agency.
• Must maintain security clearance throughout employment.
• Must possess a Kansas IT Project Management Methodology Certification or a traditional IT Project Management Methodology Certification or obtain certification within one year of employment.
Physical requirements (lifting, repetitive motion, etc):
• Standard Office Environment.
Attire for position:
• Business Casual
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify). (Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)