Part-Time Retail Production Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Manhattan, KS 66502
Part-Time Retail Production Associate
.# of Openings
Reporting to the General Manager, the Production Associate is responsible for sorting, pricing and preparing merchandise for sale according to production and workflow standards. This position is also responsible for completing other duties as assigned including ensuring a positive customer experience and product workflow in both the front and back of the store.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Meeting and exceeding production standards per hours worked unless assigned to other tasks.
- Shares responsibility, based on store needs, in stocking the production station.
- Ensuring loss prevention and process flow guidelines are followed
- Maintaining appropriate security of cash and donated goods
- Operate register, as directed
- Complying to Agency policies and procedures
- Ensuring a high level of customer service both front and back
- Performing duties according to safety expectations and procedures
- Ensuring the physical safety of the back room and sales floor
- Preparing for production station before and cleaning the station after every shift
- Communicating safety issues and concerns to ensure quick resolution
- All other duties assigned by the General Manager
The Production Associate will be a proven leader with the following:
- Ability to remain on task in order to meet production standards
- Ability to learn computer skills to complete on-line training as necessary
- Commitment to mission of the organization
- Comfort with handling cash and operation of a cash register
- Understanding of the importance of the donor process and how it supports the mission
- Ability to perform job duties safely
- High school diploma or equivalent is not required.
- Operation of the hand stacker will require the ability to become certified in its operation
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas has a rich, 120 year+ history. Everyone knows Goodwill for our thrift stores, but few know what Goodwill is really all about. The sale of donated items provide funds that stay local, supporting thousands of job-seekers with barriers to employment. We believe in the Power of Work and are committed to helping people earn and keep jobs in this community. That’s why 90¢ of every dollar Goodwill spends goes directly into our mission, not into shareholders’ pockets.
Our agency is evolving. We’re looking for new leaders and team members who want more than just a job. With a $30 million operating budget and a lot of room to grow, now is the time to join the next generation of Goodwill.
Visit to learn more about our agency.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425.
Goodwill of Western Missouri & Eastern Kansas provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, age, disability or genetic information, and encourages people of all backgrounds to apply for available positions. Individuals needing accommodations to complete an application may contact Human Resources at 816.842.7425 x239