Project Engineer - Electrical
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
El Dorado, KS 67042
HollyFrontier El Dorado Refining LLC in El Dorado, KS is seeking a Project Engineer – Electrical who conducts engineering assignments for the Project Engineering Department and functions as a technical specialist, formulating and developing moderately complex engineering concepts. The Project Engineer – Electrical will manage all aspects of assigned projects including project scope, estimate, schedule, engineering design, equipment and material selection, project bidding, contractor selection, construction oversight, management of change, safety and environmental oversight and all other project tasks to successfully accomplish project goals of liquid pipeline and terminal capital and expense projects in a safe, profitable, timely and efficient manner. Supports multiple capital and expense projects simultaneously within a managed budget and execution schedule.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES: (functions considered essential as defined by ADA)
- Uses common engineering concepts in a particular field to perform projects, and assignments for the engineering department with direct supervision and exercises judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Estimates the cost and feasibility of a given project, supervises contractors and field activities and provides discipline specific engineering assistance, direction and development assistance to colleagues depending on assignment
- Resolves a variety of complex problems, (i.e. conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials, difficult coordination requirements), and solves technical problems related to projects, troubleshoots and updates report data for business unit(s) depending on assignment
- Develop project scopes, budgets and AFE’s for approval and ensure projects meet budget as well as refinery and OSHA standards
- Review plans and prepare or review technical specifications, contract documents and estimates
- Procure equipment/material; Review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing processing equipment.
- Track schedule and costs and provide regular reports and forecasts
- Assist other project managers with estimates, designs, and construction packages as well as providing quality assurance support during construction.
- Design and build plant additions and modifications
- Upgrade, design, configure, maintain and monitor related equipment and performance
- Analyze related components and systems, processes and methods, and refinery processes and economics
- Optimize business unit(s) and analyze data to aid operations with decisions, ensuring maintenance and integrity of business unit(s) data
- Improve profitability of the refinery
- Act as a liaison between the company and county and state agencies
Special assignments or tasks assigned to the employee by their supervisor, as determined from time to time in their sole and complete discretion
A minimum of 2 years of progressive work experience in engineering discipline. Emphasis on power distribution and controls engineering is required of the electrical discipline depending on assignment.
Registration as a Professional Engineer preferred. Refinery or Petrochemical industry experience preferred. FCC, CCR, Alky, Sulfur unit, Delayed Coking, Lubes Processing and hydrotreating experience is preferred for Chemical discipline. Experience with instrumentation, hazardous location wiring practices, panel design, and PLC hardware. Experience in I&C design and engineering practices for heavy industry.
A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering is required.
Intermediate knowledge of commonly used engineering concepts and ability to apply this knowledge analytically. Ability to coordinate all phases of a project
Working knowledge of Microsoft products and experience with engineering software is preferred. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Excellent communication skills (verbal & written).
May be responsible for supervising contractors depending on assignment.
Office and plant based with up to 10% travel required. Subject to varying weather conditions and required to work in all temperatures, including outdoors.
Job conditions require standing, walking, sitting, talking or hearing, making visual inspections, making precise hand and finger movements, lifting or carrying up to 50 lbs, climbing up to 200 ft, perceive color differences, required to wear personal protective equipment as needed and a respirator in emergency situations (beards are not permitted), ability to operate and drive all assigned company vehicles at company standard insurance rates is essential (inability to maintain standard insurance rates is grounds for dismissal), valid State driver’s license and proof of insurance required. Depending on location must satisfactorily complete a comprehensive medical physical examination. Job conditions may require twisting, stooping, crouching, kneeling, reaching or grasping, and working in confined spaces as permitted.
ENVIRONMENTAL, HEALTH, & SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Our primary values at HollyFrontier are: We put health and safety first; We care about the environment.
All HollyFrontier employees are expected to work safely every day and be safety & environmental leaders. This includes active participation in the following:
- Stops and/or reports any unsafe work or conditions
- Follows safety & environmental policies and procedures
- Supports safety & environmental goals and initiatives
- Participates in safety & environmental meetings, training, emergency drills and hazard recognition programs
- Reports all accidents, injuries and near misses, and participates in associated investigations
- Participates in industrial hygiene, medical surveillance and behavior based safety programs
About HollyFrontier Corporation
HollyFrontier Corporation, headquartered in Dallas, Texas, is an independent petroleum refiner and marketer that produces high value light products such as gasoline, diesel fuel, jet fuel and other specialty products. HollyFrontier owns and operates refineries located in Kansas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Wyoming and Utah and markets its refined products principally in the Southwest U.S., the Rocky Mountains extending into the Pacific Northwest and in other neighboring Plains states. In addition, HollyFrontier produces base oils and other specialized lubricants in the U.S., Canada and Netherlands, and exports products to more than 80 countries. HollyFrontier also owns a 57% limited partner interest and a non-economic general partner interest in Holly Energy Partners, L.P., a master limited partnership that provides petroleum product and crude oil transportation, terminalling, storage and throughput services to the petroleum industry, including HollyFrontier.
HollyFrontier Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or any other prohibited ground of discrimination.