Power Plant Operator Senior
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67260
Summary of Responsibilities
Successful candidate will be expected to monitor and record plant readings on an hourly basis. Worker must be able to add and subtract equipment as needed. Worker must be able to communicate and pass down to other personnel the status of the power plant. In case of emergency be able to take appropriate actions to insure plant and personnel safety.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Two years of experience in Power Plant operations; boilers, chillers, pumps, and associated equipment.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of methods, processes, and tools used to operate, repair, and maintain boilers, softeners, chillers, compressors, generators, and other mechanical equipment and systems in power plants.
- Knowledge of the occupational hazards and necessary safety precautions of mechanical equipment operation, maintenance, and repair.
- Ability to maintain records and prepare standard oral and written reports.
- Ability to perform maintenance and repair work on all mechanical equipment and systems on a power plant.
- Skill in the use of tools and the operation of machines and equipment commonly used in preventive maintenance and repair work.
- Ability to build and sustain effective professional and courteous interpersonal relationships with a diverse constituency of faculty, staff and students.
Required Licenses, Certificates & Registrations
- Valid drivers license to operate State vehicles on and off campus
All employees of Wichita State University are expected to support the WSU Vision, Mission and Values and foster an environment of diversity in culture, thought and experience.
Wichita, KS – WSU Main Campus
Proposed Salary or Hourly Rate
Eligible for Shift Differential?
Wichita State University does not discriminate in its employment practices, educational programs or activities on the basis of age, ancestry, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a veteran.