General Maintenance Technician I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67209
SBM Management is currently looking to hire a Maintenance Technician I to join their team! The Maintenance Technician Perform facility maintenance requirements. Keep assigned areas clean and in an orderly condition. Work successfully with co-workers, customers, contractors, & others. Understand and follow instructions, both verbal and written. Understand instructions for task using basic communication skills.
• Comply with safety and environmental rules, policies, and procedures. Stop at risk behavior of others and self.
• Perform work assignments in a team with other employees.
• Perform repetitive tasks.
• Maintain clean work area.
• Follow all company procedures, policies, and rules.
• Take direction and respond to supervision.
• Talk with lead, supervisor, co-workers, managers, and customers in a professional manner.
• Maintain logs and schedules.
• Proper use and maintenance of hand and power tools, and other equipment.
• Use proper personal protective equipment.
• Present a professional appearance and conduct.
• Understand customer service and satisfaction.
• Understand reporting systems and importance of the environment.
Examples of tasks include but are not limited to:
-Replace or repair plumbing fixtures, i.e. faucets, sinks, garbage disposals, hot water dispensers, drinking fountains, and toilets.
-Re-lamping or replace light bulbs/tubes.
-Replace ceiling tiles.
-Paint and patch.
-Work with Caulks, Lubricants, & Adhesives
-Emergency eye wash & shower maintenance.
-Floor tile, raised floor tile, and carpet repair & maintenance.
-Fire Sprinkler and Extinguisher Maintenance.
-Maintenance on compactors and/or balers.
-Responds to trouble calls.
-Assist with room and audio/visual set ups.
-Make and install signs
-Basic air handler maintenance (filter replacement)
-Maintain maintenance logs and schedules.
• Six months to one year maintenance in a company environment or equivalent experience and/or training, such as basics in plumbing, painting, HVAC, or construction.
• Prefer H.S. diploma or GED or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Completed all safety, environmental and task training certifications
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety and environmental rules, equipment operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to speak effectively to customers, co-workers, contactors, and team members.
• Very good communications and decision-making skills. Ability to read blueprints and/or other technical documents a plus, not required.
• English preferred, Bi-Lingual in Spanish a plus.
• Know how to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10’s and 100’s.
• Ability to apply good judgment when carrying out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
• Ability to deal with problems involving changes in standardized procedures and situations.
• Ability to learn the operation and care of equipment.
• Work is routine & repetitive.
• Recognize and understand safety signs and building warning systems.
• Understand safety requirements. Understand & meet company handbook expectations.
• Valid Driver’s license with clear MVR.
• Forklift and electric pallet jack certification may be required.
• Ability to change tasks or assignments outside normal duties.
• Ability to use hand and power tools, such as hammer, screwdriver, pliers, power drill, saws, roto-hammers and grinders.
• Use of scissor lifts, and working on ladders and scaffolding. Soldering and welding a plus.
Available Shift: Monday to Friday 7:00am – 3:30pm
Compensation: $16.00 – $18.00 per hour