Workforce Development Manager
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67203
Company: Sedgwick County
Pay: $54,082 annual salary
Work Schedule: Monday – Friday; 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
The Workforce Development Manager helps facilitate a positive employee experience by ensuring the strategic alignment of HR’s Total Compensation and Talent Management employment programs, practices, procedures and policies with the County’s Strategic priorities/results. This position is responsible for identifying talent gaps, developing recruitment practices and employment processes that helps drive the County’s ability to attract and retain a diverse workforce. By partnering with county departments, this position helps provide opportunity for our future and current employees’ professional growth and fulfillment.
Strategic Partner with County Executives and Departments/Division Heads for all employment practices
• Responsible for strategic alignment of HR’s Talent Management competency-driven employment programs, practices, and procedures with the County’s Strategic results.
• Develops positive relationships with the Executive Team and departmental leadership teams to create workforce planning solutions for business needs, identifying talent gaps and methods to address them.
• Ensures divisions have a plan to address the “mission critical” talent needed to meet future strategic goals.
Management of Workforce Development Function and Employee Recognition Programs
• Manages, directs, implements and makes recommendations to County Leadership on methodologies to address talent gaps, recruitment, job postings, testing, interview process, pre-employment background checks, selection and job offers.
• Ensures all employment processes and policies are consistently implemented and fully compliant with all employment law requirements.
• Provides guidance on organizational opportunities for talent management process improvement.
• Responsible for functional budget and contract management
• Power user of our recruiting system (Success Factors).
• Serves as the primary liaison between internal and external users and our Information Technology department to troubleshoot issues and suggest improvements.
• Must learn and remain knowledgeable in the functionalities of Success Factors, as well as maintaining proficiency in all aspects of Success Factors.
• Team lead for the employee recognition celebrations (ERC) managing regular planning meetings and ensuring all components of the program are complete and ready for the celebrations.
• Responsible for all communications to County Employees regarding ERC activities, information and nominations.
• Supervises one full-time employee and a part-time employee: Workforce Development Assistant and PT HR Assistant, providing performance direction, development, guidance and evaluation.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or related degree. Five years of experience in an HR department or division. Experience in public sector. Strong skills with Word, Excel and PowerPoint
Preferred Qualifications: Master’s Degree within related area. Years of Experience: At least two of the five years of experience required, in management of an employment/recruiting department or division, however, an equivalent combination of training, certifications, education and/or experience which provides the required KSAs may be considered in place of the two years of area management. HR certification, e.g. IPMA, SPHR, PHR, SHRM-SCP, SHRM-CP, CCP. Supervisory experience. Previous use of Success Factors recruiting system.
It is the policy of Sedgwick County not to discriminate in its programs or services provided to the general public, including employment and all other activities, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, sex, age, disability, veteran status or any other similarly protected status. Sedgwick County is committed to making the application, interview, and pre-employment testing process accessible to persons with disabilities. If you wish to volunteer information regarding any special assistance you may need, please notify Human Resources by phone at (316) 660-7050, TDD (Kansas Relay at 711 or 800-766-3777). Do not use this phone number for employment questions. This number is provided only for those requiring ADA assistance. You will be contacted should the department feel that you are a qualified candidate.