Home Health RN (Home Health Registered Nurse)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67214
A Registered Nurse administers skilled nursing care to patients on an intermittent basis in their place of residence. This is performed in accordance with physician orders and plan of care under the direction and supervision of the Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor. Our work environment includes Complete Home Health Care’s office, patient’s residences, which include traveling time.
Lines of Authority
Agency Registered Nurses are responsible for directly reporting to Director of Nursing Services. In the event the DON is unavailable, Registered Nurses will report directly to agency administrator. Registered Nurses will directly supervise Licensed Practical Nurses & home health aides that are associated with their patients care.
Qualifications of Position
- Graduate of a state approved school of practical (vocational) nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
- Two (2) year experience in nursing, preferred.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
Functions of Position
- Performs the initial evaluation visit and regularly reevaluates the patient’s nursing needs.
- Initiates the plan of care and necessary revisions.
- Performs services in accordance with the plan of care.
- Prepares clinical and progress notes for each patient visit and summaries of care conferences on his/her patients in a timely manner as per Agency policy.
- Coordinates services.
- Counsels the patient and family/significant others in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Participates in and presents in-service programs.
- Processes orders and notifies physician of patient needs and changes in condition.
- Completes certification/recertification orders and discharge summaries.
- Refers to Physical Therapists, Speech Pathologist, Occupational Therapist and Medical Social Worker those patients requiring their specialized skills.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel.
- Conducts patient care conferences on patient assigned to his/her care.
- Is available for on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- RNs are supervised by the Director of Clinical Services/Nursing Supervisor
- RNs supervise Licensed Practical Nurses and Home Health Aides
Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended periods of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Ability to perform lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis