Operations & Maintenance Lead Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Topeka, KS 66609
Operations & Maintenance Lead Specialist (WD30081746258)
What you will do
The Operations & Maintenance Specialist III is part of our Building Technologies & Solutions business at Johnson Controls. Due to our continued growth with our current customer, the University of Kansas, we are adding this position to our team. This person will be located out of the University of Kansas campus. Will be responsible for maintaining the Integrated Science Building, Central Utility Plant, Burge Student Union and Central District Housing Buildings.
This is a lead position performing a variety of repairs and services in a specialized building system environment with a high emphasis on HVAC, Mechanical Systems, building maintenance, carpentry, painting and plumbing. Working knowledge of Electrical / Electronic, Security Systems, BAS, and other similar types of related equipment and systems is a PLUS.
How you will do it:
1. Service, Repair, Maintain, Monitor and Adjust HVAC systems to keep within allowable parameters.
2. Maintains facility and equipment such as boilers, air handling units, roof top equipment, split system AC units and appliances, etc.
3.Performs a variety of service work, general maintenance and custodial activities. This may include carpentry, painting, minor grounds keeping, along with facility repairs to building systems, electrical fixtures, small machines, and equipment.
4. Provides direction and training to less experienced O&M Specialists.
5. Plans, selects, and lays out required materials for service, repair and preventive maintenance work.
6. Works from drawings, schematics, blueprints, job layouts or verbal instructions and operates a variety of tools and machines incidental to operations.
7. Requisitions new supplies and equipment.
8. Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
9. Is required to participate in an on-call rotation schedule to attend to emergency situations at the facility.
10. Complies with all company policies and procedures and adhere to company standards.
11. Perform other duties as required.
What we look for:
1. Completion of a two year technical degree or two years’ experience as an O&M Maintenance Specialist or completion of an apprenticeship program.
2. Preferred five or more years’ experience in operations and maintenance.
3. Requires in-depth knowledge of various maintenance fundamentals sufficient to deal with service and repairs. Someone with strong maintenance/hands on technical experience.
4. Must be physically able to perform basic maintenance tasks to the highest caliber, which includes ability to: climb ladders, work in confined spaces, lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., etc.
5. Must be able to work varying shifts, weekends and holidays as needed.
6. Requires Universal EPA Refrigeration Certification.
7. May be required to use a variety of hand and power tools, man lift or forklift.
8. May be required to possess a valid driver’s license.
9. Must be a team player committed to working in a quality environment and have a leadership background.
10. Must be able to pass a thorough background check and subject interview.
Come join our growing team!
Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.