Surgical (OR) Tech
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Kansas City, KS 66112
FacilityProvidence Medical Center
Surgical (OR) Tech
The Operating Room Tech is responsible for the preparation of sterile supplies and instruments for each assigned procedure, maintainingsterile field during case and providing surgeon with sterile supplies and instruments during assigned procedures.Qualifications
Education and Work Experience
- Graduate of an ORT training program or on the job training with a minimum of 3 years experience (surgical setting preferred).
- Experience in scrubbing minor and major procedures in various surgical specialties (i.e. General, Ortho, Urology and GYN).
- Current BCLS (AHA) upon hire and maintain current.
- Two to Three years experience working in an operating room setting or Certified Surgical Technologist (CST) upon hire and maintainedcurrent.
- Must be proficient in the following specialties within 6 months: a. Genb. Gync. Urold. Vasce. ENT/Plastics.
- Must be proficient one of the following specialties within 6 months: a. Major Vascularb. Orthoc. Neuro.
- Proficient is defined as the associate can perform cases in that specialty independently.
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources. EEO is the Law: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/eeoc_self_print_poster.pdf
We are an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer and do not discriminate against applicants due to veteran status, disability, race, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, or other protected characteristics. If you need special accommodation for the application process, please contact Human Resources: