Fabrication Tech - Sheet Metal
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67215
Job Summary: Fabricates high quality structural or sheet metal aircraft parts in accordance with approved specifications. Ensures required tolerances are maintained.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Forms and shapes metal parts to desired specifications using a variety of methods, including various machinery and hand tools.
2. Confirms fabricated part meets required tolerances in accordance with blueprints and specifications.
3. Uses proper measuring instruments to determine product dimensions.
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
4. Verify slots and make adjustments as necessary using gapping tools.
5. Ensures parts are aligned to acceptable tolerances.
6. Cleans part as needed.
7. Maintains clean work area, tools, and equipment.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and assigned task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, competency, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
2. Previous related experience preferred.
3. Must be able to accurately read detail part and assembly blueprints.
4. Ability to apply basic math, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
5. Ability to communicate verbally in one-on-one situations with management and co-workers; listen to others without interrupting and get clarification when needed.
6. Ability to safely and properly use gauges, calipers, and other tools and equipment.
7. Ability to identify proper materials and supplies according to specifications.
8. Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy.
9. Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; responding to supervisor’s direction; and taking responsibility for own actions.
10. Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed; performs work independently without being prompted
11. Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and work within deadlines.