Laboratory Technician Asst/Phlebotomist Nights
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66209
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
LAB TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT / PHLEBOTOMIST – FT EVENINGS
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients’ lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Food and Nutrition Services team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
COME GROW WITH US.
Your passion is caring. So is ours. Come grow your career with us—become a member of a collaborative team whose mission focuses on the care and improvement of human life
MENORAH MEDICAL CENTER, a 175-bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
WHAT YOU WILL DO IN THIS ROLE:
· Under the direct supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Coordinator/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist/Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician performs pre-analytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing.
· The Lab Technical Assistant collects specimens from birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
· Performs testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.
· Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
· Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
· Maintains a safe work area.
· Demonstrates professional work habits, positive interpersonal skills and great customer service.
· Assist in training new staff as appropriate.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
WHAT QUALIFICATIONS YOU WILL NEED:
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: Phlebotomy certification preferred.
Employer’s Job# 09723-60264
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.