Right of Way Representative Area
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Haven, KS 67543
This position will provide Right of Way support in the Wichita, Kansas area and will perform right-of-way duties for Operational support at Energy Transfer.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acquires right of way and other property right interest as appropriate for the construction, operation, maintenance, or removal company of facilities, in a manner that avoids litigation.
- Negotiates the settlement of property damage and loss claims associated with the construction, maintenance, or removal of company facilities.
- Establishes value with regard to land right acquisition.
- Prepares and services all necessary permits for the construction and maintenance of company facilities. Prepares and secures necessary encroachment agreements.
- Resolves encroachments, damage claims, and landowner complaints and inquiries.
- Interfaces with corporate management, operations personnel, field engineering, legal department, construction personnel, and right-of-way service company personnel.
- Communicates, associates, and negotiates with landowners, tenants, lawyers, federal, state, county, city, private corporations, and any other institution possessing an interest in land in order to acquire necessary property rights.
- Represents Company in public hearings, trials, condemnations, and other appearances on behalf of the company as necessary.
- Coordinates third party agent activities when necessary.
- Serves as a technical resource regarding right of way related matters.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duty satisfactorily. The requirements for this position are listed below:
- A high school diploma and a minimum of six(6) years experience in right-of-way acquisition and related activities.
- Must be knowledgeable of real estate principles, rules and regulations pertaining to the acquisition of rights-of-way, licenses, permits and other land rights.
- Analytical ability and judgment is used to determine land rights to be acquired and the degree of protection required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, understand and prepare technical documents such as easements, leases, licenses, etc.
- Possess general computer literacy and ability to prepare spreadsheets using Excel.
- Basic understanding of FERC requirements.
- Honesty and high ethical standards are paramount in the representation of the company and the interests of individual land owners.
- Valid driver s license.
- Strong Interpersonal skills – high degree of interaction with a variety of groups from field construction personnel, vendors and internal personnel (environmental, engineering, operations).
- Occasional visits to industrial/manufacturing settings, which may include exposure to various materials and chemicals, as well as extreme temperature conditions and loud machinery, and require appropriate personal protective equipment.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/DISABILITY/VET
DISCLAIMER: The above statements, which are subject to change, are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by personnel assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel in the assigned position.
Employer’s Job# 3142
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.