Material Handler Seasonal (first shift)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Olathe, KS 66062
It?s all about variety when you?re a material handler. You?ll load and unload, of course, but you?ll also use a computerized system to track and locate orders and inventory. Mix it up by preparing shipping documents and handling customer orders. Our warehouse is safe and clean because we all work together to maintain our high quality standards.??
We are looking for a full time Material Handler Seasonal at our headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. Garmin?s Material Handlers work to issue and transact material requested through material withdrawal forms, receive, transact and sort inbound material, pulling and audit materials for KANBAN, shop order, move order or sales order requirements, and replenishing material into primary picking locations, while maintaining responsibility for following departmental procedures including FIFO and LIFO policies, ESD guidelines for static sensitive materials and complying with Garmin?s Attendance Policy.? Other essential functions also include:
Other responsibilities include complying with all corporate and departmental procedures, comply with all corporate and departmental procedures, and cross-train as needed to learn all material handler functions.
- Pack materials to ensure adequately delivery to internal and external customers?
- Ability to operate RF device to transact and move material
- Must meet quality and productivity metrics
- Perform housekeeping tasks to maintain a safe work environment?
- Comply with all safety standards and policies
- Ability to accept responsibility for work assignments and job duties and to be held accountable for their successful completion
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to work variable and flexible hours including overtime.?
- Compliance with HRD-003 (Garmin?s Attendance Policy)?
- Depending on departmental responsibilities, the ability to safely and efficiently operate one or two pieces of powered industrial equipment such as a dock stocker or powered pallet jack.
- Must possess the ability to bend, twist and lift up to 55 pounds while using safe lifting techniques, standing for an entire shift and walking long distances throughout the facility.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO