Marketing Communications Specialist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lenexa, KS 66062
VIAVI (NASDAQ: VIAV) has a 90+ year history of technical innovations that have evolved to keep pace and address our customer?s most pressing business issues. We make equipment, software, and systems that help to plan, deploy, certify, monitor, and optimize all kinds of networks – like those for mobile phones, service providers, large businesses and data centers. VIAVI is also a leader in high performance thin film optical coatings, providing light management solutions to anti-counterfeiting, consumer electronics, automotive, defense and instrumentation markets.
We are the people behind the products that help keep the world connected ? at home, school, work, at play, and everywhere in between. VIAVI employees are fierce about supporting customer success and we welcome people who bring their best every day to the company – to question, to collaborate and to push for solutions that will delight our customers.
VIAVI Solutions is seeking a Marketing Communications Specialist. This position is in Lenexa, KS.
As a member of our team, this position will be responsible for creating and managing marketing plans to promote our avionics test products for the commercial and military aviation industry.
- Serve as the overall marketing communications lead for the Avionics Test BU responsible for developing audience-appropriate marketing assets including collateral, customer events and/or seminars, social media, SEO, digital/websites, etc.
- Coordinate and organize trade shows in line with brand and program requirements.
- Acquire and enter leads via email, trade shows, advertising, etc. in a centralized online sales database.
- Act as primary point of contact for day to day BU requests.
- Develop prospect and customer emails for direct campaigns and trade show announcements
- Create and update sales literature using Adobe Creative Suite.
- Work with 3 rd party vendors to purchase advertising for our company and products/services on various media
- Produce marketing copy for our website
- Help define and manage the program execution budget.
- Light travel required