Quality Assurance Analyst I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66013
Cognizant Technology Solutions is seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst in our Overland Park KS Office.
The Quality Assurance Analyst I evaluates and tests new or modified applications developed for automating medical office functions including but not limited to billing, scheduling, and financial functions.? Manages small to medium-sized projects, authors business requirements, recommends program improvements, and provides support to internal departments.? Develops, maintains, and updates manual and automated test scripts.
Duties and Responsibilities ?include the following and any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Manages small to medium sized projects by organizing project documentation, scheduling project timelines, facilitating necessary meetings, and providing project status.
- Understands how individual requirements relate to end-to-end business processes and utilizes this knowledge to write business requirements.? This entails describing in detail the business functions to be fulfilled by the software.
- Trains new Quality Assurance Analysts as requested, which includes coordinating meetings and training time, monitoring and reporting progress, and verifying completion of the training.
- Creates or maintains test plans, test conditions, scripts (both automated and manual), and expected results.? Test plans are created to validate software developed to fix bugs, enhance products, or maintain industry standards.
- Executes test plans.? Documents and reports all test results.
- Executes tests against the various stages of the software development life cycle ensuring the quality of the final product.? These test stages may include system, functional and regression.
- Supports interface requirement definition and assists in testing interfaces.
- Reports, tracks, and prioritizes defects and testing issues appropriately for timely resolution.
- Maintains and monitors tasks in the task management tool.
- Assists in resolving testing process questions/issues and ensures testing standards are met.
- Assists in the development, update and maintenance of testing standards, procedures and documentation.
- Performs other activities and responsibilities as assigned.
- Follows Company policies and procedures as set out by Company management.? Completes job duties and assignments timely, accurately and with a professional attitude and appearance.? Maintains a positive and cooperative relationship with clients and other Company personnel.? Maintains a regular, predictable attendance and has the ability to keep a regular work schedule.
- This position is an exempt position within the Company and requires working overtime as necessary.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Advanced aptitude in: Microsoft Office Tools (Word, Excel Pivot Tables, Project, and PowerPoint)
Analytical – Synthesize complex or diverse information; collect and research data; use intuition and experience to complement data; d