Nutrition Caterer Driver
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
LEAVENWORTH, KS 66048
This is a part time position working 32.5 hours per week. Under the general supervision of the Nutrition Coordinator, delivers meals to homebound participants and to the congregate dining centers.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
1. Ability to understand, follow and communicate written and oral directions.
2. Working knowledge of city and county roads.
3. Ability to effectively interact with senior citizens and the general public.
4. Ability to use a two way radio.
5. Knowledge of good customer service practices.
6. Knowledge of office procedures and practices.
7. Ability to demonstrate professionalism in speech and mannerism.
8. Ability to effectively multi-task.
1. Effectively communicate with supervisor, director and co-workers.
2. Effectively communicate with senior citizens, site managers and vendors.
3. Present a positive, welcoming demeanor to seniors and the general public.
ILLUSTRATIVE TASKS (This is not an inclusive list; other tasks/duties may be assigned.)
1. Delivers food to nutrition sites and to homebound seniors.
2. Orders and maintains stock of supplies needed for the efficient delivery of food to senior dining centers.
3. Records inventory of supplies taken to nutrition sites daily and any supplies needed for the nutrition department.
4. Records mileage and gas consumption of vehicle.
5. Dispenses all correspondence to nutrition sites when needed.
6. Maintains cleanliness of delivery truck.
7. Returns empty pans from previous delivery to meal preparation site daily.
8. Reports all vehicle maintenance problems to Maintenance Supervisor.
9. Attends trainings when available or as required.
Work is performed mostly outdoors, with exposure to all weather conditions.
1. Must have a high school diploma or GED.
2. Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record.
3. Must be able to pass all applicable pre-employment and post-offer drug and alcohol testing, to include physical capacity testing.
4. Prior certification in First Aid and CPR, preferred, however, incumbent may train in these areas.
5. Ability to pass a KBI check.
1. Vision Adequate vision to be able to drive and read a meal route schedule.
2. Hearing Adequate for normal conversation with co-workers, supervisor, director and general
3. Speech Must be able to speak and understand English language clearly to provide detailed
information by telephone, in person and a two-way radio.
4. Standing 10% of the time.
5. Walking 35% of the time – when delivering meals to the door and to the dining centers.
6. Sitting 55% of the time – when driving vehicle to transport food.
7. Lifting/Carrying 50 pounds
8. Pushing/Pulling Required on most tasks.
9. Climbing/Balancing Required on most tasks.
10. Stooping/Kneeling Required on most tasks.
11. Reaching/Handling Required on most tasks.