Mortgage Loan Officer - Consumer Direct
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66223
Mortgage Loan Officer – Consumer Direct
Farmers Bank of Kansas City is looking for a full-time Loan Officer in our growing Consumer Direct Mortgage Banking Department. This is an excellent opportunity for someone with exceptional communication skills, a commitment to quality, and a desire to help others. We look for self-starters with a positive attitude and a strong attention to detail. The successful candidate will join a high-performance team at a large community bank.
• Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external customers.
• Manages loan portfolio, to include on-going communication and follow-up with customers.
• Interviews prospective applicants and requests required information related to loan or credit applications; corresponds or re-interviews applicants to resolve questions regarding application information; assures proper loan information is collected to maintain acceptable credit standards and conform to bank policy.
• Analyzes applicant financial status, credit, and property evaluation to determine feasibility of granting loan; approves loans within established lending guidelines.
• Coordinates processing of approved loans; ensures loans are processed according to agreements, customer needs, and Bank lending policies; obtains sufficient information and/or documentation from customers; solves problems relative to processing and servicing of loans within assigned portfolio.
• Maintains database and monitors performance of loan portfolio to ensure proper risk ratings and early identification of potential problems.
• Negotiates terms and structures loan financing based on risk considerations and present credits for approval to appropriate levels of authority with the bank as required.
• Conducts business development and customer retention officer calls.
• Develops new loan business by developing relationships with prospective customers, identifying needs, recommending solutions, and closing sales.
• Follows regulatory requirements by protecting information for privacy and confidentiality, displaying discretion in discussing customer information, obtaining proper information and paperwork to complete transactions, and following bank policies and regulations.
• Evaluates loan applications and documentation by confirming credit worthiness.
• Experience: Three years of experience as a Residential Loan Officer required, preference to those with experience in a consumer direct call center environment.
• Excellent sales and communication skills.
• Experience with loan calculation software.
• Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy preferred.
Farmers Bank offers a comprehensive benefit package including PTO, Health and Life Insurance, 401K/Profit Sharing, and other benefits.
Applications may be printed online at www.farmersbankks.com
Please return completed applications to:
ATTN: HUMAN RESOURCES
P.O. BOX 267
GREAT BEND, KS 67530
FAX (620) 792-6925
or email to: email@example.com
FARMERS BANK AND TRUST IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – Minority/Female/Veteran/Disability