Machine Operator - CNC
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67215
HM DUNN AEROSYSTEMS* * is proud to be a leader in the global distribution of superior quality aircraft components, kits, assemblies and large monolithic part structures. We specialize in working with the latest high-tech and exotic materials, and produce flawless complex machined systems. Our Vision is to be the “Preferred Supplier of Choice” and the Premier Global OEM and Tier 1 Partner for Aerospace and Defense Structural Solutions. We are recognized for World Class People, Customer Focus, Best in Class Processes and services, and the way in which we conduct business with our “Core Values.”
We offer competitive wages and benefits. Job offers made are contingent on successful completion of the background screening processing.
If you are the kind of person we are looking for, we can’t wait to talk to you.
Job Summary: Using CNC programs and/or manually operated machines, mills, drills, bores and reams parts from extrusions, bar stock, plates, assemblies, or composites according to customer specifications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Properly using 3, 4, or 5 axis machines, mills, drills, bores and reams parts from extrusions, bar stock, plates, assemblies, or composites according to customer specifications.
• Plans set up(s) and ensures that the setup packet, program, prints, charts, and fixtures and cutters are up to date and available.
• Resolves missing materials issues in an expedient manner.
• Troubleshoots quality issues as they arise.
NON ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Qualifications and Requirements: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and assigned task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, competency, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
• Minimum 5 years previous experience as a machine operator or related experience required.
• Must be able to accurately read detail part and assembly blue prints.
• Ability to apply basic math, including adding, subtracting, multiplying, and dividing in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
• Ability to communicate verbally in one-on-one situations with management and co-workers; listen to others without interrupting and get clarification when needed.
• Ability to safely and properly use gauges, calipers, and other tools and equipment.
• Ability to identify proper materials and supplies according to specifications.
• Strong attention to detail and focus on quality and accuracy.
• Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; responding to supervisor’s direction; and taking responsibility for own actions.
• Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed; performs work independently without being prompted
• Ability to prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; and work within deadlines.
HM DUNN AEROSYSTEMS is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other legally protected status. HM Dunn Aero systems participates in the government program E-Verify. We conduct criminal background checks, drug screens, and other background screening as appropriate to the position.