Retail Branch Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66207
We live here. We work here. We play here. We KC. As Kansas City’s largest credit union and one of the top locally-based financial institutions, we’re pretty proud of what we’ve built over the last 80 years. At CommunityAmerica, our main goal is to do whatever we can to help our members achieve financial peace of mind. In order to make that happen, we need to have the right people on our team. That’s why we believe in taking good care of our amazing employees. This means constantly looking for ways to reward our teammates and helping them lead a balanced, healthy life. So if you’re just looking for another job, you’re not in the right place. But if you want to love what you do, make an impact in your community and have the power to help people change their lives-then we’re glad you’re here.
Hours: Lobby: 9:00-5:00 (Mon-Fri) | 9:00-1:00 (Sat) Drive-Thru: 7:00-6:00 (Mon-Fri) | 8:00-1:00 (Sat)
Provides prompt, efficient and accurate service to members at the teller line.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for delivering a high level of member service at the teller line.
- Processes cash/check transactions at the window, including deposits, withdrawals, loan payments, transfers, traveler’s checks, cashier’s checks and money orders. Prove cash at the end of the day.
- Performs financial transactions in an efficient and accurate manner by providing accurate account information using account security procedures and recognizing account flags.
- Provides information concerning credit union services and policies and cross-sells appropriate services.
- Maintains a working knowledge of endorsement requirements and credit union policies regarding the acceptance of checks.
- Assists as needed with facilitating member loan requests and with the daily opening and closing procedures.
- Serves as a resource to all Retail Branch Associates as needed.
- Assists in meeting and exceeding individual, team and credit union goals.
- Promotes honest and open communication throughout the credit union.
- Demonstrates behaviors that are consistent with the credit union’s values, philosophies, and leadership characteristics.
- Works with other credit union departments to insure the workflow or process is providing the best service to the members.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Knowledge of credit union services and products.
- Good general math skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing and orally.
- Ability to resolve interpersonal conflict and miscommunications.
- Knowledge of spreadsheet software and ability to use word processing software.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Must be able to be bonded.
- At least six months teller experience is preferred. High school diploma or equivalent.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Disabled/Veterans
“CommunityAmerica Credit Union is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will
receive consideration for empoyment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected classes.”