Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67215
This position is responsible to create, code, test, debug, document, and install new programs as well as make edits and changes to existing programs of a complex nature, and provide support for manufacturing operations.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create N/C programs for 3, 4 and 5-axis mills
• Design holding fixtures for computerized numeric control (CNC) and conventional machines
• Provide machines shop support during the tool proving process of new N/C programs and daily support for problem solving and process improvements
• Understand and apply quality system requirements to work processes
• Communicate effectively (verbal and written) with all contacts
• Accept and adapt easily to change
• Ensure that all activities are consistent with Company Mission Statement
• Operate job-related equipment with or without an accommodation
• Meet physical demands of job with or without an accommodation
• Perform other duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function and assigned task satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, competency, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• 5+ years of CNC programming experience with at least 1 year of CATIA v5 programming experience
• 2+ years manufacturing experience in precision machining preferred
• Ability to read and understand blue prints
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
• Familiarity with computer aided design/Manufacturing (CAD/CAM) programming systems
• Well-developed keyboarding skills
• Exhibits dependability, including following instructions; responding to supervisor’s direction; and taking responsibility for own actions
• Ability to take initiative, including asking for and offering help when needed, and perform work independently without being prompted
• Ability to manage competing priorities, prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, and work within deadlines
• U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident (ITAR requirement)
• Acceptable attendance
• Positive attitufe
• Team player
• Sense of urgency
• Ability to meet frequent short timeline goals and deadlines