RN - Day Shift - $7,500.00 Sign on Bonus
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Clay Center, KS 67432
Title: Registered Nurse
Job Status: Varies/ Non-Exempt
Title: Registered Nurse
Immediate Supervisor: Director of Nursing
Supervisory Responsibilities: LPN, CMA/CMT, CNA, NA
Manages, plans, coordinates, and performs direct and indirect nursing care in accordance with physician orders and the resident plan of care.
- Responsible for working hours as scheduled. Routine attendance required.
- Providing direct care to residents on a regular basis and completing necessary documentation in clinical record.
- Performing resident assessments on admission and monitoring the health status on a continuing basis, documents all findings in the clinical record.
- Updating the care plan with change in resident status and communicating changes to licensed and direct care staff.
Assisting physicians as necessary. Obtaining, clarifying, and executing physician orders.
Administering and documenting medication, treatment, and procedures in accordance with physician orders and the residents plan of care. Managing controlled medications in accordance with Medicalodges, Inc. policy and procedure and state and federal requirements.
Observing, documenting, and reporting to supervisor and physician, resident condition or change in condition, reactions to medications, treatments, procedures and significant events.
- Planning, scheduling, providing and documenting specific nursing rehabilitation/restorative nursing interventions in the residents clinical record as identified in the resident plan of care to improve resident function in physical abilities and activities of daily living.
- Notifying supervisor, responding to and documenting resident and family concerns and actions taken.
- Routinely performing rounds to verify residents are in a safe and comfortable environment and receiving planned care.
Assisting in and providing assistance with activities of daily living (ADLs) of the residents.
- Assisting in answering call lights and assisting direct care staff as needed.
Maintaining infection control measures and resident dignity during nursing care and procedures.
- Responding to concerns of direct care staff related to resident care or condition.
- Coordinating, assisting in, and documenting admission, discharge, and transfer of residents.
- Participating in shift to shift report.
- Supervising, assigning, and assisting the nursing activities of the licensed practical nurse and direct staff.
Has knowledge of Medicalodges, Inc. policy and procedure and state and federal requirements and monitors they are followed by direct care staff.
- Attending interdepartmental, management, and corporate meetings as directed.
- Participating in QAPI performance improvement plans.
Completing Medicalodges, Inc. state and federally required trainings.
Has knowledge of and is able to carry out and direct staff in Medicalodges, Inc. emergency procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of state approved school
* Current Registration in good standing as a Registered Nurse in the state facility is located.
* Current CPR certification or willing to obtain.
* Preferred 1-year experience in nursing position.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to prioritize and make sound nursing decisions within scope of practice.
* Possess leadership skills.
* Basic computer skills.
Work in well lighted heated and air-conditioned area of a clean and sanitary nursing facility. Possible exposure to unpleasant sights, smells, infectious diseases, and combative patients can occur. Required to wear appropriate protective gear and any uniform specified by the facility. Travel is not required. Work week varies based on scheduled shifts and overtime may be required depending on current needs. Holiday and weekend coverage is divided between nursing staff.
Employee requires access to entire medical record on an as-needed basis.