DevOps Engineer (JoinOCI-Edge)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
/The Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OCI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world s biggest challenges. /
/We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure. At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer s business critical applications. /
Oracle is seeking an experienced DevOps engineer to assist with the development and operations. The individual should have experience with both traditional development/engineering projects as well as working in a DevOps role. This is a highly collaborative, fast-paced environment requiring strong communication and teamwork skills as well as the ability to adapt to shifting priorities.
The candidate should be familiar with the following:
- Linux server administration and configuration; Oracle Linux a plus
- Virtualization (KVM), Kubernetes and Containerization (Docker), microservices architecture
- Building highly available, distributed architectures in the cloud
- Continuous Delivery and Integration pipeline such as Jenkins, Teamcity
- Configuration management tools, Chef and/or Salt preferred
- Source control (Git) and package management tools (npm, pip, etc)
- Test-Driven development
- Collaborate with a small engineering team to design, build, and deploy an automated platform
- Develop well-documented code
- Automate systems from infrastructure to application deployment using tools like Git, Chef, Salt, Ansible, or others
- Develop playbooks for the repeatable deployment of system components, or for performing routine management/deployment tasks
- Deploy, manage, and maintain applications and systems deployed to AWS, Bare metal, KVM, and Docker
- Design and develop new features based on the design goals and user feedback
- Pro-actively look for ways to enhance the functionality, reliability, operation of the platform
- Develop and run test cases on applications and services as part of deployment process.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call rotation when needed
- Minimum of three (3) years of general work experience and three (3) years of relevant experience in functional responsibility
- Candidate should have experience working with cloud, Amazon Web Services, and DevOps
- Candidate should have strong analytical and organizational skills
- Candidate should have concise communication skills
- Experience with securing Cloud environments preferred
- Candidate should have Python development experience, preferably experience with django, flask, TDD
- At Least 3 years of experience and knowledge of some of these disciplines:
o Python and/or Go
Job: Product Development
Title: DevOps Engineer (JoinOCI-Edge)
Location: NH,New Hamp-Manchester
Requisition ID: 190011ES
Other Locations: United States