Assistant, Associate or Full Professor - Accounting
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lawrence, KS 66044
- Position Overview
The Accounting Department in the University of Kansas School of Business seeks applicants for multiple faculty positions. The search is open at the Assistant, Associate or Full Professor levels with an emphasis on Associate and Full Professors. Appointment at a particular level will be based on an applicant’s scholarly and teaching record. Research should be focused on publication in the most highly regarded journals. Positions are full-time, academic year, tenure-track or tenured, beginning August 18, 2020.
All areas in the field of accounting will be considered. Candidates with an interest in or a demonstrated ability to mentor doctoral students are encouraged to apply. In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, the university actively encourages applications from members of underrepresented groups in higher education. Women, minorities, and candidates who will contribute to the climate of diversity in the school, including a diversity of scholarly approaches, are especially encouraged to apply.
The successful candidate must have appropriate authorization to work in the U.S. by time of appointment.
- Job Description
40% – Teach required and elective courses in the undergraduate, MBA, MACC, and doctoral programs within the area of Accounting. Normal teaching responsibilities are four sections each academic year. Reduced/consolidated teaching opportunities are available at the various ranks.
40% – Conduct and publish research on accounting topics in leading academic journals.
20% – Engage in school, university, and professional service activities as needed.
- Required Qualifications
1. A Ph.D. or D.B.A. in accounting.
2. Demonstrated ability or potential to conduct high quality research and publish in top tier journals.
3. A demonstrated record of effective teaching in area of accounting at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
Evaluation of these requirements will be made through application materials.
Appointment at a particular level will be based on an applicant’s scholarly and teaching record.
For appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor:
1. A PhD/DBA in accounting (must be earned by August 18, 2020).
2. Demonstrated teaching excellence in accounting.
3. Demonstrated excellent scholarship (or potential for excellent scholarship) as shown through publications and working papers.
For appointment at the rank of Associate Professor:
1. A PhD/DBA in accounting.
2. Productive record of teaching excellence in accounting.
3. Demonstrated excellent scholarship as shown through publications that have enabled the candidate to be successfully promoted to an Associate Professor at research-oriented university of a similar or higher research profile as the University of Kansas.
For appointment at the rank of Full Professor:
1. A PhD/DBA in accounting.
2. Established record of teaching excellence in accounting.
3. Sustained record of excellent scholarship as shown through publications that have enabled the candidate to be successfully promoted to a Full Professor at research-oriented university of a similar or higher research profile as the University of Kansas.
4. Demonstrated ability to work with doctoral students.
- Contact Information to Applicants
- Additional Candidate Instruction
To be considered, candidates must submit an online application. A complete application will include a:
1. letter of application describing experience and accomplishments,
2. record of productivity in teaching, research and service as noted in CV,
3. research statement and supplemental materials, (e.g., publications), and
4. teaching statement and supplemental materials (e.g., teaching portfolio, sample syllabi, teaching evaluations).
Letters of recommendation will be requested from selected applicants as the search process moves beyond the initial screening round. Only complete application packages submitted online will be considered.
In addition to the materials above, learning about each applicant’s contribution and engagement in areas of diversity is an important part of KU’s mission. As a result, applicants will be presented the following questions at the time of application. Each response must be within 4,000 characters or less.
1. Please describe your experience, approach or methodologies to create and implement inclusive teaching and advising practices, pedagogical techniques and course materials to create an inclusive classroom environment.
2. In your current and/or previous role, please provide an example outlining how you demonstrate your ongoing commitment in working with diverse groups/populations.
Review of applications will begin October 1, 2019, and continue until the position is filled.
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies and are the Title IX coordinators for their respective campuses: Executive Director of the Office of Institutional Opportunity & Access, IOA@ku.edu, 1246 West Campus Road, Room 153A, Lawrence, KS 66045, 785-864-6414, 711 TTY 9for the Lawrence, Edwards, Parsons, Yoder, and Topeka campuses); Director, Equal Opportunity Office, Mail Stop 7004, 4330 Shawnee Mission Parkway, Fairway, KS 66205, 913-588-8011, 711 TTY (for the Wichita, Salina, and Kansas City, Kansas medical center campuses).
Advertised Salary Range: commensurate with experience
Application Review Begins: 01-Oct-2019
Work Location: University of Kansas – Lawrence
Employee Class: F-Faculty
Anticipated Start Date: 18-Aug-2020
Position Number: 00001336