Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Manhattan , KS 66502
JOIN A FORWARD-THINKING ORGANIZATION THAT IS PROVEN TO MAKE POSITIVE IMPACT ON CHILDREN’S LIVES. Our mission is to provide children facing adversity with strong and enduring, professionally supported one-to-one mentoring relationships that change their lives for the better, forever.
The Area Director position is at or near the equivalent of a local nonprofit executive director position with the exception that the Area Director reports to the KSBBBS Leadership Team and not to a governing board. Within their assigned area, the Area Director is fully accountable for the delivery of quality program services, hiring/supervising staff, development of new, and the sustainment of already established, funding resources, as well as, all budgeting and forecasting. Direct involvement in securing immediate and future funding and volunteers is expected and required with the goal of sustaining the resources needed to serve more children in assigned geographic areas. The Area Director is charged with positioning KSBBBS within the regional marketplace as the preferred charity of choice for giving and volunteering.
Fundraising, Volunteer Recruitment, and Marketing
• Secures new donors to meet programmatic and financial goals through special events, grants, general contributions and annual funds.
• Secures new volunteers to serve as mentors.
• Responsible for assisting leadership in development and monitoring of annual regional budget, ensuring that funds are raised to cover annual operational budget as well as to build for future capacity to serve more youth.
• Hires, supervises, and leads all area development staff members
• Establishes new business development and volunteer recruitment efforts with corporations, foundations, and individuals.
• Serves as staff liaison to local Community Leadership Council (CLC) to support fundraising, volunteer recruitment and marketing.
• Maintains compliance of KSBBBS with the service area.
• Builds alliances with print, radio, televisions, and billboard partners to ensure maximum community presence at low or no cost.
• Partners with businesses and corporations to ensure creative marketing strategies are defined and implemented to ensure maximum community presence at low or no cost.
• Effectively communicates, both orally and in written formats, the need for donors and volunteers in the region.
Program Compliance and Growth
• Manages daily operations of programs to ensure compliance and growth in the number of children served.
• Works with the Leadership Team to establish annual area budget, forecasting, and goals.
• Hires, supervises, and leads all area program staff members
• Ensures that optimal customer service is being provided to all stakeholders, including mentors.
• Bachelors’ Degree in business or sales related discipline.
• Previous experience at or near the traditional executive director role or equivalent
• Three to five years’ experience of successful fund development and volunteer recruitment/coordination OR similar experience in for-profit sales settings.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to set and meet goals.
• Knowledge and competencies in project planning, prospect research, and general management skills.
• Effective, experienced, and confident public speaker.
• Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office, including keyboarding skills of 45 words per minute, error free.
• Flexibility and availability to accommodate weekday early/evening work hours and occasionally weekend and overnight hours, as well as regular travel to varying venues within the KSBBBS network.
• Ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Time management and organizational skills.